Best Front Brake Pads For Car...metallic Vs Ceramic?

Hey, I have decided to change my own brake pads from now on to save some money and save on labor costs. I was just looking for input about front brake pads...cheapest websites to buy from..so far im looking at lexuspartsonline, but they just have 1 type of pad listed for 51$

I am curious to know if people use metallic ones vs ceramic..i have heard that sometimes the metallic ones can cause alot of noise problems...im still learning about alot of this stuff so bare with me.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Hey, I have decided to change my own brake pads from now on to save some money and save on labor costs. I was just looking for input about front brake pads...cheapest websites to buy from..so far im looking at lexuspartsonline, but they just have 1 type of pad listed for 51$

I am curious to know if people use metallic ones vs ceramic..i have heard that sometimes the metallic ones can cause alot of noise problems...im still learning about alot of this stuff so bare with me.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have read that ceramic pads last the longest, leave the least amount of brake dust, and have the least fade. That's what I am going with when it comes time to change my pads.