Found This Product From Addco

turboomni

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How did you get the endlinks off? I just got the sway bar directly from addco and I can not find a way to get the bolt on the endlink to stop spinning.

You put the wrench on the nut and a hex inside the stud the wrench is on. I had to heat up the bolt abit to get it loose.

I believe it was a 7mm hex.

I am still working on it. It's a 5mm hex but the bolts were so rusted (I don't think they have moved in 17 years) I stripped out the top end link studs. I am going to have to try to remove the bottom bolts on the end links and then replace both end links. Do you know of a good place to get a pair of end links cheap? BTW I also put my front strut tower bar back in and it makes a good bit of difference. Do you think the rear sway bar will not be as big of a change now that the front strut bar is in?

what is the diameter of your rear swaybar in the car now? The Addco is 7/8ths . What is the diameter of your front bar? I really had to heat mine up to break the nuts loose. The links are pretty cheap at RockAuto.com I think.

My rear sway bar now is about 1/4" to 3/8". It is flimsy and I can "sway" it with my hand. Needless to say I expect the addco bar to be a significant improvement. I think I'm just going to get new end links and heat and beat the lower bolts on the links until I can pull the whole bar assembly out together. How did you get heat onto those bolts without burning up brake lines and other rubber bushings? Should I use a fire blanket to protect the surrounding components?

Your really having a time with that thing ,what a drag. I dont remember what it looks like under there to get the bottom of the end links out as I re used the ones in the car. I'll take a look tomorrow.

If your swaybar is 1/4 to 3/8ths like mine was ,your gonna have a nice change in handling with the 7/8ths bar. Your car must lean alot like mine used to. As far as heating up the top bolts [i know it's not an issue now] use the torch on a low flame and pinpoint the areas you want to heat and take your time. You don't want an inferno! You also dont want to melt the rubber boot either.

I'll look to see under my car what your up against tomorrow or another could chme in with his experience. You could go to a shop and have them remove the endlinks and bar for cheap I'm sure. When I drove my car without the stock rear bar I noticed NO difference in handling. That stock bar is worthless for sway.

Not yet I need fifty bucks for new end links before I start cutting away the ones on the car. I did finally piece together a custom air intake for my lexie using little specter intake pieces though. Now it sounds like a race car it just needs to handle like one. Btw I just ran her at the local drag strip and she did a miserable 18.2. About the only good thing was she is very consistent... Consistantly slow. I don't get how she ever could do 16s with the way it launches. If i put in a higher stall torque converter it should get me into the 16s.

Interesting you mention drag racing as I plan on taking mine to the local drag strip to see what she does,just the way she sits. I'll let you know what happens! I dont plan on souping her up at all as I have other toys for that stuff. Keeping her stock.

Any launch tips??

You got the 97 so lets hope you get at least low 17s. The safest way to launch is off the brake at WOT. Mine stalls around 1500rpm I'm guessing yours is about the same, so you dont have to worry about spinning the wheels. If you want to be a little more agressive, and have a good tranny mount, drop it from nuetral at aroun 3k rpm. But I dont recomend doing that too much. I tried it once and the huge THUNK it made, scared me enough not to try it again. BTW do you have anything what so ever done performance wise to your LS?

QUOTE:::If you want to be a little more agressive, and have a good tranny mount, drop it from nuetral at aroun 3k rpm.QUOTE::

YIKES !! I would never do that! I'm just gonna pretend I'm at a stop light in the left lane and I need to get to the right lane for an exit in the right lane in a 1/4 mile! Just curious what to old gal will do. I will of course have the tranny in performance mode,,whatever that button means.

I got a 12 second TurboOmni to pound on in the 1/4 mile and the street.

I'll letya know what the old Babe does if the weather holds out!!

• 3 weeks later...

I got new end links and the old ones out, but now I cant get the new bar in without it hitting the under body. Could some send me a pic of how you have the sway bar in there please? Also the new brackets dont mount up flush. Did you guys have to trim the bushing brackets? BTW this project is now in its third month.

i got it in there!!! After many monthes of little problems it's finally found its new resting place. I also put my front strut tower brace back in, and let me say WOW!!!!! There is not even a quarter of the body roll it had before. It still rides just as smooth as it did before, but cornors so much better. All it took to get it in was turning it the other direction and getting some longer bolts for the brackets that hold the bushings. It was totally worth all the hard work.

i got it in there!!! After many monthes of little problems it's finally found its new resting place. I also put my front strut tower brace back in, and let me say WOW!!!!! There is not even a quarter of the body roll it had before. It still rides just as smooth as it did before, but cornors so much better. All it took to get it in was turning it the other direction and getting some longer bolts for the brackets that hold the bushings. It was totally worth all the hard work.

Great Work killer! I'm glad you think it was worth the effort. I know I did and could never go back to the way it was.Hit the highway and you'll notice much more directional stability and its much less affected by cross winds from 18 wheelers etc. My next project it to put energy suspension front swaybar mounts on as mine are old and tend to squeek at times.

These bushings also have a grease nipple on them. I wished the Addco ones did but thewy haven't given me any problems yet.

Congrats killerfatty

I didnt have any grease on hand at the lucky moment when they pooped into place, so mine are un greased and make lots of noise. I just barrowed some grease from a friend today and plan on lubing them up very well tomorrow. I have hit the highways and many a cury road since the install. I previously had the front strut tower bar in there and it made a good difference, but the combonation of the two is awesome. I need more supportive seats, and stickier tires. Without the sway bar the body roll would be a good indicater of how much further until the cornering limit was reached, but with her new handleing characteristics I find it much easier to reach the grip limit without realizing it. Like I said stickier tires I suspect would help quite a bit, and the one I have on there now have A 70K mile warrenty and with 9K on them they are right at halfway worn so I suspect another new set is in my near future and they will be much more perforfmance oriented.

well I did like it! The bracket you mount the end link to on the car itself snapped. When I was struggling to get that bolt off of the old end link on the car I used an angle grinder and put a bit of a gouge in that bracket. What should I do? Sorry the pictures got rotayed to the left.

post-76827-066155100 1287021629_thumb.jp

post-76827-006657500 1287021721_thumb.jp