2000 Rx300 Headlight Removal

Wolfwood722

You need to remove the wheel well liners towards the front to get to two bolts at the backk sides of the headlights. Then remove the mini grille (below the hood) and remove the bolts holding the headlights at the top. Then yank...

• Like 1

You need to remove the wheel well liners towards the front to get to two bolts at the backk sides of the headlights. Then remove the mini grille (below the hood) and remove the bolts holding the headlights at the top. Then yank...

Thanks for the info. It sounds a lot easier than I expected

It's fairly easy once you've done it once. Just make sure to keep track of the bolts and screws as you take them out and make a note as to where they go. I remember a lot of different types and length bolts and screws were used... I think you may need an alan wrench and 10mm socket wrench to remove the bolts holding in the wheel liner.

When i had my Rx300 i must have taken the headlights out... at least 50 times while working on my several projector retrofits.

Also be careful of the "clip" that holds the headlight down. It's at the bottom of the headlight, a little black 2"x2" plastic thing. After you remove the two bolts on the back "side" of the headlight (gain access from the wheel liner area) and bolt holding the tab at the top, and after removal of the mini grille, you'll need to pull the headlight UP releasing this clip. Sometimes the clip decides to come loose and fall into the annex of the engine compartment... If you do it slow however it should either stick to the cars frame or the headlight itself.

It's been over a year since i've done it on an Rx300, but that's all i remember. <_<

• Like 1