96 Es300, What Oil Do I Use?

This question may have been answered before but I am having trouble finding answers searching the forum. I want to know my options. Gonna change a girl I know's lexus es300, still having her find out if it's using regular oil or synthetic. So if you could let me know what types of oil for both I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Lee

This question may have been answered before but I am having trouble finding answers searching the forum. I want to know my options. Gonna change a girl I know's lexus es300, still having her find out if it's using regular oil or synthetic. So if you could let me know what types of oil for both I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Lee

It really doesn't matter whether it's synthetic or regular oil. Don't let people tell you that you can't switch back and forth. If she doesn't know, then she's probably been having it changed somewhere and it's regular dino oil. I use 5W30 dino oil in our '97 ES with 238,000 miles. The only reason to spend the extra money on synthetic is if you're going to use extended drain intervals, in the 10,000 - 15,000 mile range. You really need to get a used oil analysis done to determine the proper change interval if you're going to go that route. It doesn't sound as if you're that invested in the vehicle though.