1991 400 Ls

donkinbuck

I have just purchased a 1991 LS 400.it is in beautiful shape,even the tool box in the trunk is brand new and the Lexus cloth is still in the plastic wrap,I will show pics later,the only problem it has no air conditioning.I know they changed it in 1993 and was just wonder how expensive to get a new one as I know this older models AC is defunct.Thanks to anyone that can help and looking forward to this forum for a long time!!

i had to replace the compressor in mine a few years back and if you want to take the risk of buying a used or refurbished one it wont be too expensive(about 400$ for part and labor) but it may turn out like it did for me and i had to get it done twice because the first compressor i bought didnt work. and even though i retured the faulty one for free i had to pay double labor costs. so it could be worth it but buying a new one could run you 500$ for the part alone and about 800$ total

If it is the compressor, Buy a new onewink.gif When you say "Changed it" What was done ? Does the blower work ?Maybe just needs freon, I just added freon to the wifes 92 And the ac has not been converted to R-134. Runs as cold as new now.

By the way, Welcome to the club cheers.gif