Cost Of Ownership

I currently have a 2005,ES330 and am looking at trading for a 07' LS460. Being of modest means, I am concerned about the increaed cost of owning and maintaing an LS. My Lexus service advisor has told me for example that oil changes that are $60 for the ES are $120 for the LS. Also, additional maintenance such as tune-ups, tires and tire rotations, parts, etc. are all about double for the LS. I assume that insurance and license would also be higher.

Question. Is this information accurate, and has this been the experience of you, the present oweners. I would greatly welcome your feedback.

Thank You.

Some models of the LS take more oil than other models, so that could be one factor. The other is naturally that the more expensive the car generally the flat rate charges are higher. You cannot get an LS serviced for the price of a Avalon, which is basically what the ES series is all about.

I'd think if you have the car serviced at any shop other than the Lexus dealer, prices would be the same. An extra qt of oil doesn't account for THAT much of an increase in price...

I'd think if you have the car serviced at any shop other than the Lexus dealer, prices would be the same. An extra qt of oil doesn't account for THAT much of an increase in price...

Seems to me the LS holds over 9 quarts of dino juice.

Also it has a cannister-type filter, probably takes longer to swap out than the spin-on type most other cars have.

Whit

Seems to me the LS holds over 9 quarts of dino juice.

Also it has a cannister-type filter, probably takes longer to swap out than the spin-on type most other cars have.

Whit

20 minutes with a set of ramps. Quicker than going to the dealer.

Yeah try almost twice as much oil, the LS460 holds 9 quarts the ES holds 5. So if its $7/quart Synthetic oil thats going to be $28 more just for the oil, no shop will do that for the same price. Everything is more expensive on the V8 than the V6. The dealers have an entirely different cost schedule.

I'd try finding an independent shop. Insurance and such will probably be about the same...tags and such will be the same...