Tune Up Parts List 1997 Lexus Es300

Hello there. I have just recently purchased a 1997 Lexus es300 and am new to this exclusive club. I brought my Lexus to my mechanic and he gave it a clean bill of health, but he did say that I would need a tune up before the winter kicks in. If anyone could reply to this post with a list of the parts and brands I would need to give my Lexus a tune up it would be much appreciated. The last thing that I want to do is screw this up. Thank you.

Plugs (check the wires), air filter, oil/filter change, radiator flush/fill, check tires/air pressure, possibly clean the throttle body, tranny drain/fill, check power steering fluid (replace if needed), check brake pads/fluid, how old is the battery ? Tires ? Wash and Wax, Fill her up with premium and enjoy the ride for many, many years to come. cool.gif Welcome to the club cheers.gif

I am sure I missed a few things, Other members will be chiming in wink.gif Oh, And use original factory parts.

water pump, timing belt. should be looked at and possibly replaced if need be. but that's going to run you a bit but do both at the same time don't put one off since they're both in the same area. don't want to get charged a lot to go to the same section twice.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plugs (check the wires), air filter, oil/filter change, radiator flush/fill, check tires/air pressure, possibly clean the throttle body, tranny drain/fill, check power steering fluid (replace if needed), check brake pads/fluid, how old is the battery ? Tires ? Wash and Wax, Fill her up with premium and enjoy the ride for many, many years to come. cool.gif Welcome to the club cheers.gif

I am sure I missed a few things, Other members will be chiming in wink.gif Oh, And use original factory parts.

Well actually the power steering fluid uses transmission fluid :blink: i know it sounds crazy but if you look at your manual you see it recommends this... really just take your time to replace the simple stuff 1st. and do all your oxygen sensors. replace the camshaft sensor, your water temp sensor and your crankshaft sensor unplug your computer for about 6 mins under your glover compartment then plug it back i promise you see at lease 40% difference i Guarantee...ooooohhhh boyyyy!!! :cheers:

• 9 months later...

Darth Read, how is your car doing since the tune up? i recently bought a lexus es300 too! so far so good , great drive!

MrLexLuther, 40% difference in what? mileage or performance? i havent reset mine (kinda scared too actually...)

• 3 months later...

I know it's been a while, but since I did my tune up, my car is doing great. To date, I have not had a reason to have my car brought to the shop for almost a year. I will be setting up a simple check up with my mechanic hopefully next week just to make sure that everything is still in order. Thankfully I have a mechanic that won't BS me into putting work into it that I don't need, so I'm expecting a clean bill of health, aside from my sway bars that is.

honestly if you would have asked me before you had bought the car, i would've told u not to buy it. too many frustrating problems and im sick and tired of Lexus and Toyota horrible cars and just too expensive to fix defs not worth the buy. advise you sell and buy an acura tl or nissan maxima. thats what im doing