A Small Message Of Thanks

SRK

Gentlemen;

In addition to this site I belonged to another - that concerns a car maker whose vehicles I repaired locally for over two decades - and on that site I have posted for over eight years, never once asking a question but only providing my best advice to those looking to repair their cars. A few days ago a member started a thread to recognize the "Hall of Fame" members who have helped routinely. In a list of over thirty names, I am not mentioned. I'm not looking to be "famous", just recognized with the others for having helped over the years. In addition that site has no moderator, and the members there get quite accusatory and nasty at times. I have endured the wrath of a few, and it's not pleasant.

Today I am no longer a member of that site.

This is the only one to which I now belong. We are a group that regardless of opinion remains respectful. We strive to help at all times. We are thankful for moderators who are introspective and judicious. Of all the sites I have belonged to (including CamaroZ28.com, the world's largest) this is the best, and I am always greeted as a friend.

My thanks to you all.

SRK

Hey, I'm sorry to hear you got shafted. I know that when ever I come here and see that you've posted something, the post will be insightful and to the point. No.... thank you!!

You're a hall of famer here SRK!

I could not agree more..... but this site has a BUNCH of HOF bloggers.

It just dosent matter what you question is.... help is available here.

you guys are TOPS.

post-5365-127573575119_thumb.jpg

SRK, you have made many positive contributions to this site and you are very much appreciated here. I think we all have joined other groups but this one has a particularly strong sense of respect, intelligence and thoughtful posts. You are one of many who make this little virtual world a very good one. Thanks.

Well any forum is only as valuable as its contributors. I've been hanging around here for just over a year. You come to realize those with consistently high quality and well considered opinions. When I have an issue I always like to hear from this group.

SRK, Landar, dcfish, billydpowell, eatingupblacktop, RDM, and 1990ls400

Then I know I'm in good hands.

Well any forum is only as valuable as its contributors. I've been hanging around here for just over a year. You come to realize those with consistently high quality and well considered opinions. When I have an issue I always like to hear from this group.

SRK, Landar, dcfish, billydpowell, eatingupblacktop, RDM, and 1990ls400

Then I know I'm in good hands.

...and a LOT of others too. But I don't want to start naming names for fear of inadvertently leaving someone out! You are right, curious. The members are what makes the group and we do have an excellent, experienced group with much sage advice to share. :cheers: (and we sure do like to beer chug a lot too :lol: ).

Gentleman SRK,

Heartfelt sentiments indeed. I hear ya about "accusatory and nasty" responses to someone's genuine attempt at helping with a members prob. I've read such posts at other forums and have often been amazed that their mods don't step in to provide some decorum to the proceedings. Has happened here as well, but not for long before Steve or SK step in to straighten things out, close the thread or even ban the member. These incidents only serve to alienate those members who would otherwise contribute to the thread. So do OP's who post a prob, get plenty of good suggestions, then disappear. No further posts, or resolutions, leaving all who participated hanging in the wind as to how the prob was resolved. Discourages many members from answering until they can see the OP interacting with the responses to his thread. Let me conclude by agreeing with the previous comments that you are well respected by members of this forum and most appreciated by all those who have benefited from your advice. Keep up the good works. We all thank you and look forward to your continuing contributions. :cheers:

Although I am new to this forum ,in my searches I have found your post's very informative SRK. Any forum is only as good as the quality of imformation that is given and your contributions help keep all the inacurate thoughts in check. Without guys like you this forum would be junk.

I do hope you feel appreciated and will continue to help us Lexus addicted guys out!!

All the Best to you SRK!!

Thank you guys - your responses confirm most well what we have on this site - and I like Landars comment that we are a little virtual world here. Almost a virtual family that just helps out every time.

We are addicted to these cars, and I think I've convinced a buddy that he needs a GX470 to replace his 500SL that isn't serving him too well right now. Once he's hooked.....

Take good care, everyone.