2007 Ls 460L Front End Bang

My Lexus with just 40,000 miles started to make a banging noise when stepping on the brakes.

this is most evedent in stop and go traffic which i find myself in all the time.

Took it to dealer yesterday and was told it was not the brakes but something to do with bushings or somthing like that.

and lexus knows all about it and looking for a fix.

Anyone else having these issues? Or herd anything about it?

I have also noticed this bang from under the car when applying the brakes. It does not happen every time to me but usually when the brakes are applied hard at slower speeds. My 08'460L has 36,000 miles on it and was never wrecked...always taken care of. To the cook514, has the dealer found out what the noise is yet? I have not taken mine to the dealer yet.

Im still getting the run around. Lexus customer service kicked it back down to the dealer. Some time this week I hope, some new engineers from Lexus or coming down.

I requested to be there. Im sorry but not surprised to hear and sure will continue to hear others starting to hear same thing.

I dont care what anyone say's. That bang is not normal. Did the dealer tell anyone when they bought there car to expect a bang noise ofter?????? miles.

Mark my words recall in the making.

07 LS460 40,100 miles just today heard the same noise when I brake . First Lexus service was a 3 hour smooting of the rotors. Then another ttip this week to hear the "noise" - service tech agreed with noise and said there was a service bulletin from Lexus on it. Replasing all bushings and bleeding brakes...and keeping car I just bought 3 weeks ago for 3 days to get parts and fix it...put me in a SUV for 3 days...we will see where this goes....my question was why did they not check the Lexus service bulletin the first time I took it in?? It is Lexus CPO and still related to my purchase 3 weeks ago so no charge to me - just my time and paying for a car I do not have to drive!

Update: got call Thursday to bring car in to be checked by what I was told Lexus egineering geek.

He basically checked all work done to date made them drain all brake lines re fluid and bleed.And some other things.

He took lot of notes.

Still banging. Kept car.

recived a call late last night to pick up car today. Still banging without a explantion except Lexus is lookinging into it.

Three months they been looking into it.

Time to brake out the lawyers.

Called Customer service again today to try to get answers to whats going on.

Here were the choices I was given.

1) trade car in at local dealer.

2) Lexus buy back progrom (?????)

What kind of options are that ????

I told them to take this piece of *BLEEP* back. 6 to 8 weeks for that

I own an 07 LS 460 with 17000 miles. Right now my car is in service with the same banging noise that occurs when the brake get pressed .The hole car shakes at the same time, for a fraction of second and just in the beginning when the brakes get pressed. My service advisor just called to let me know that the lower control arms seems to be the problem and that it will take a couple of days to get the parts.

From what I can read on the forum,I am not the only owner experiencing this problem. I felt this banging noise at around 15 K.

I would keep the other owners informed with the status of the repair and the final outcome.

Update: Picked up the car after more than 2 weeks in the dealer shop. Upper and lower controls arms and other bushings have been replaced.Test drive with the shop menager and the service adviser...same banging. Droved together a demo(2010) and no banging.Drove an other LS model 2007, with 35K miles, no banging.My car has only 18K !

Contacted Lexus. They will have my car checked by an engineer next week .Will keep posted.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Still getting run around. Got a hold of a manager(Don Lomanto) at Lexus TMS (Toyota Motor Sales, USA) He informed me he would look into this case personally.

Since everyone I have tryed to deal with refuses to return calls. He requested all documents on issue and thought I was going to get help.

Well this was Sept 20 and was told he would get right back with me. I have left 3 mesages with his direct phone # in as many days.

And Nothing.

THE PERSUIT OF EXCELENCE

Imagine That

UPDATE:

Still getting run around. Got a hold of a manager(Don Lomanto) at Lexus TMS (Toyota Motor Sales, USA) He informed me he would look into this case personally.

Since everyone I have tryed to deal with refuses to return calls. He requested all documents on issue and thought I was going to get help.

Well this was Sept 20 and was told he would get right back with me. I have left 3 mesages with his direct phone # in as many days.

And Nothing.

THE PERSUIT OF EXCELENCE

Imagine That

Honestly speaking, I would just get a new car. No point in going through all this crap with the current car if all you do is repair and diagnose a stubborn issue with your car. If it costs you extra to buy a new one, might as well if it completely eliminates the problem. Use the trade in program..... with all the issues your car's value may have been depreciated, but then again you have been getting nothing but maintenance care and part replacements. So like I said, just replace the damn car. I bought a brand new LS600h L on my birthday Aug 18 (my gift to me) I admit I've driven it for fun and made excuses here and there to drive it (as much as I don't like to drive) roughly 20,000 km on the car. I have yet to experience ANY problems with the car, well I would prefer better fuel economy, I mean 10 L/100km is no Lexus HS but it could be lower. But, beggars can't be choosers right? So like I said, just replace the car, don't kill yourself over a manufacturing fault, all cars are made with both machine and HUMANS, mistakes are to be expected.

My Lexus with just 40,000 miles started to make a banging noise when stepping on the brakes.

this is most evedent in stop and go traffic which i find myself in all the time.

Took it to dealer yesterday and was told it was not the brakes but something to do with bushings or somthing like that.

and lexus knows all about it and looking for a fix.

Anyone else having these issues? Or herd anything about it?

Not sure if this applies to your situation (new or used) or the state you live in.. I would check on the "Lemon Laws" in your state. It is something like taking your vehicle in the shop 6 times in 6 months for the same problem. Doesn't hurt to check this out. Also, did you get a loaner car while in the shop? I would ask for the same model Lexus and see if the loaner has the same noise you are talking about. If that is not possible, go to another Lexus dealer, play stupid and ask to test drive the same model you have to see if a newer, same model has the same noise. If it doesn't, you have an argument. Hope this helps. JZ

Update:

Recived call from Lexus. They are buying the car back.

Will I buy another Lexus ?????? Before the problems I really enjoyed that car.

Well that is great news. :cheers:

I guess it is up to you on what you buy...but you could have problems with a BMW...Mercedes...or anything else you would get. I bet with the problems you have had you could get one hell of a deal on a new LS!

Good Luck

Thats great!

As for buying another Lexus, I understand the trepidation given your experience, but in the end they are doing right by you and obviously its not an issue the vast majority of people have.

If you like the car, I'd give it another shot. They made a lot of nice changes to the LS in 2010...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this is an old discussion thread and apparently you have had your car bought back.

However, I am also a 2007 LS460 owner and am having the same issues. I luckily have a technician at my local dealership that is supportive of the obvious noise and movement that I feel on sudden braking.

He has told me, if there are others still experiencing this problem, that there is supposed to be another TSB out before year end.

I have already had the brake typical brake actuator changed as well as the revised front suspension components changed, to no avail.

I am willing to continue to hold on through year end as my car only does this in sudden stops not all the time.