2007 Ls 460L Front End Bang

My Lexus with just 40,000 miles started to make a banging noise when stepping on the brakes.

this is most evedent in stop and go traffic which i find myself in all the time.

Took it to dealer yesterday and was told it was not the brakes but something to do with bushings or somthing like that.

and lexus knows all about it and looking for a fix.

Anyone else having these issues? Or herd anything about it?

• 4 weeks later...

Well here is the scoop. Lexus replaced Left and Right Complete lower control arms. They said did alignment road test noise gone.

Well picked car up today drove 1 foot hit the brakes and guess what. Stll banging. So put me back in loner and who nows now.

My question is how long or how many attempts at fix do they get?

My question is how long or how many attempts at fix do they get?

That's a bit related to your flexibility :) It all comes down to professional attitude of dealer and the feeling you get out of it. It sure doesn't seem professional when you pick up the car and the problem is still there. Was the problem really absent when they did a test-drive, or didn't they test-drive at all?

If your car's under warranty and they continue to (mis)diagnose or take amounts of time, consider going to another dealer for a 2nd opinion. You are not obligated to repair or service the car at the dealer you bought it from.

Did they check your struts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow...thats wild.

Could it be something up in the engine compartment maybe that is loose and clunking and be totally unrelated to the suspension?

At least Lexus is working with you trying to solve it...

• 2 weeks later...

Recived a call from Lexus service today. Im being told that the local engineer told them this is a normal noise for this car.

I can pick it up tomorrow even though the service depatment feels this is not rightand gave be the number for Lexus which is the same numer I called weekes ago and still havnt recieved a reply. I have ran out of places to find help. I just tryed 7 on your side. See below

Please Help! My 2007 Lexus developed a bang noise when applying brakes in traffic or parking. Was brought to dealer, on about 6/17/2010. Problem has been confirmed by dealer and parts replaced on 3 different occasions. (See attached service history) I have been told problem was corrected from service one to service 3. Which involved me leaving car for multiples days for the last two months?

I have called Lexus cooperate and was told someone would get back to me and as of today nothing.

I have just received a call from service manager telling me I can pick up my car tomorrow 8/7/2010 and that they were told by the local Lexus engineer that this banging was normal for this car. I was also informed that the service center disagrees and gave me a number to call which is (800) 255-3987 which is who I have been waiting for a call back for weeks. I feel this car is not safe to drive and feel Lexus is ducking their responsibility at the cooperate level.

I have never asked for anything except for my car to be fixed. I hope you can help me on this I’m sure just a phone call to them would get the ball rolling towards the correct fix to the brakes banging.

The car is still under factory warranty.

Thank You

Robert Ure

Something sounds weird about this first off the dealership knew there was a problem. They and Lexus Corp. Have been trying to determin a problem for a couple of months and now you are saying that they are telling you the noise that they have been trying to fix all of this time is normal? I just find it strange if it is true it sucks. What has the service manager said about all of this?

Recived a call from Lexus service today. Im being told that the local engineer told them this is a normal noise for this car.

I can pick it up tomorrow even though the service depatment feels this is not rightand gave be the number for Lexus which is the same numer I called weekes ago and still havnt recieved a reply. I have ran out of places to find help. I just tryed 7 on your side. See below

Please Help! My 2007 Lexus developed a bang noise when applying brakes in traffic or parking. Was brought to dealer, on about 6/17/2010. Problem has been confirmed by dealer and parts replaced on 3 different occasions. (See attached service history) I have been told problem was corrected from service one to service 3. Which involved me leaving car for multiples days for the last two months?

I have called Lexus cooperate and was told someone would get back to me and as of today nothing.

I have just received a call from service manager telling me I can pick up my car tomorrow 8/7/2010 and that they were told by the local Lexus engineer that this banging was normal for this car. I was also informed that the service center disagrees and gave me a number to call which is (800) 255-3987 which is who I have been waiting for a call back for weeks. I feel this car is not safe to drive and feel Lexus is ducking their responsibility at the cooperate level.

I have never asked for anything except for my car to be fixed. I hope you can help me on this I’m sure just a phone call to them would get the ball rolling towards the correct fix to the brakes banging.

The car is still under factory warranty.

Thank You

Robert Ure

I wouldn't lose sleep over it seems that the car is safe. Banging noise to you may be a popping noise to others. If it is something worth solving give it time it should get worse or maybe go away.

Thats Good. Maybe it will go away. Yea thats the ticket.

If this wasnt a issue we wouldnt be were I am. It is a documented bang not pop.

Major parts replace 3 different times. Every hears it feels it. Its just the local lexus engineer

that says it normal with this car. Didnt make bang 20,000, 30,000 miles ago started at 40,000???

You just might be right. It will get worse right after the warrenty expires.

Thats Good. Maybe it will go away. Yea thats the ticket.

If this wasnt a issue we wouldnt be were I am. It is a documented bang not pop.

Major parts replace 3 different times. Everyone hears it feels it. Its just the local lexus engineer

that says it normal with this car. Didnt make bang 20,000, 30,000 miles ago started at 40,000???

You just might be right. It will get worse right after the warrenty expires.

Why not ask the S. M. to call Lexus with you in the office to see what can be done. Sure if he feels that it is not normal then he can help. Unless he is providing lip service. I just can not understand how a car that they have been working on for this long to try to fix a problem that everyone can hear...feel is now normal? You are saying the Lexus Corp is stating that it is normal...but the S. M. disagrees ask him what your next step is or ask to speak to the G. M. of the dealership...and see if they can help. Simply providing you a phone number and dropping the ball in your court is not acceptable if they have worked on the car this long and still have not fixed the problem...

Sorry to doubt you. I would send a letter to Lexus, the GM, and the Sales Manager to start with. From what I am reading the dealership is no longer confirming the problem. The last time you took it in it seems that they are saying everything is normal. I would have some one at the dealership confirm that the car should not be making the noise. I don't know what else they could replace...has the car been involved in any type of front end accident? Have your tried to talk to the G. M. of the dealership?

I had a problem with a car I had bought and the S. M. *BLEEP*ed me off to the point that I could have went over the desk at him. I walked outside cooled off...walked in to the G.M./owner of the dealership and let him know exactly what the S. M. said...he handed me the keys to his demo car...and said I am sorry I will call you when your car is ready until then drive mine. So I left in his car and when I went back to pick my car up I found out that they fired the S. M. over the whole thing...

my point to the above post is that maybe you are talking to the wrong person...or maybe the right person has not found out about this...

Stressed not at all. Its just a car.

But when someone or a campany thinks you were born at night. Tries to in my view screw you. I take issue with that.

Will it get worse Im sure. Will we start seeing the same issues on other 2007 ls 460l im sure.

Im not going to set idally by and wait for this issue to become a recall. Took someone to complain about engine noise. Probly was told normal.

now a recall. As long as no one gets hurt great.

Watch all the problems after they start droping all these engines to repace the valve springs.

Which Im also part of.

Now i need to go take my stress medication!

• 2 weeks later...

I also have this bang/thump when I hit my breaks on my 07 LS 460L. We just bought the car friday with 50,000 miles and got the Lexus 100,000 ml warranty with it. I made my wife take it in to the dealer and he said the same thing, that it was normal in the LS 460L car. I too think its BS. The service guy never even rode in the car to hear it. I called the other Lexus dealer in town and they told us to bring it in and have it checked out. I have read on other sites that some dealer have changed out some type of brake actuator and it has fixed the problem. I'm probably going to take it to the other dealer for a second opinion.

I own an 07 LS 460 with 17000 miles. Right now my car is in service with the same banging noise that occurs when the brake get pressed .The hole car shakes at the same time, for a fraction of second and just in the beginning when the brakes get pressed. My service advisor just called to let me know that the lower control arms seems to be the problem and that it will take a couple of days to get the parts.

From what I can read on the forum,I am not the only owner experiencing this problem. I felt this banging noise at around 15 K.

I would keep the other owners informed with the status of the repair and the final outcome.

I own an 07 LS 460 with 17000 miles. Right now my car is in service with the same banging noise that occurs when the brake get pressed .The hole car shakes at the same time, for a fraction of second and just in the beginning when the brakes get pressed. My service advisor just called to let me know that the lower control arms seems to be the problem and that it will take a couple of days to get the parts.

From what I can read on the forum,I am not the only owner experiencing this problem. I felt this banging noise at around 15 K.

I would keep the other owners informed with the status of the repair and the final outcome.