Spark Plug Replacement Mileage

tim's rx300

Original issue plugs for the US V6 engine are Denso Iridium and the change interval is 100,000 miles. Gas is very different in the US and UK (both better in some respects and worse in others) and I don't know if the engines are tuned similarly. So while I believe the iridium plugs should be good for 100,000 miles in the UK, YMMV.

Original issue plugs for the US V6 engine are Denso Iridium and the change interval is 100,000 miles.

The recommended spark plug change interval has never been 100,000 miles for any vehicle sold in the U.S. with the Lexus brand.

The recommended spark plug change interval for both the U.S. specification RX330 and RX350 is 120,000 miles using "Denso FK20HR11

plugs or equivalents.

Maintenance manuals including spark plug change intervals for U.S. specification Lexus vehicles can be viewed in the online maintenance manuals in the Owners section at http://www.lexus.com .

• 1 year later...

on an 2000 rx 300 im having trouble getting the upper intake manifold bracket off any ideas

At what point are you "stuck". There are generally two "sticking places"...the first being the bolts between the firewall and manifold that screw into the manifold. It's a very tight place to get your hand into, and as I remember on mine, there were four bolts which ranged in size from 14mm to 12mm to 10mm. They were simply a PITA, and took me well over an hour just to remove. Maybe I could do it faster the second time.

The next "sticking place" is lifting the manifold over the manifold studs. It is MUCH easier to get yourself a female torx socket and remove the studs, then the manifold comes out easily.

Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...

Original issue plugs for the US V6 engine are Denso Iridium and the change interval is 100,000 miles. Gas is very different in the US and UK (both better in some respects and worse in others) and I don't know if the engines are tuned similarly. So while I believe the iridium plugs should be good for 100,000 miles in the UK, YMMV.

I thought this too....so i got Denso's...when i did the job (w/o removal of the plenum) and removed the original plugs, they were NGK's. I did my first plug job at 120,000 and they looked just a nice as the new plugs. No deterioration whatsoever!