Front Differential Re-Seal!

infini

I got the car sunday, my intuition while still on this 50-50 30 day warranty was right. I got a 40? point inspection from my local Lexus dealer. The y found a leak in the Front Differential and it needs to be re-sealed. Big $1,800 job they say if I do it at the dealer. Plus it's 95K and past the 90K timing belt change. Ouch I think another huge job.

If anyone has any suggestions on to how best talk to the used car dealer I bought the car from? I do have the drive tran engine 30 day warranty. I pay 50% of the cost. Fine, better than 100%. If there are any other issues like ways they will try to get out of fixing it, you think I will have PLEASE let me know. I would very much appreciate it.

James

The timing belt can go an easy 125k, but probably best to change at 100k....Toyota Dealerships can do it for around $550. As for the differential, Is the car All wheel drive? Because there is a differential and a transfer case....which one is leaking? Could be the rear main seal on the engine which leaks between the tranny and engine....

The timing belt can go an easy 125k, but probably best to change at 100k....Toyota Dealerships can do it for around $550. As for the differential, Is the car All wheel drive? Because there is a differential and a transfer case....which one is leaking? Could be the rear main seal on the engine which leaks between the tranny and engine....

It's the Front Differential. He said the engine needs to be lifted to fix it :( why it's so much. The belt is kind of an event as well but not nearly as much as the Re-seal issue. I am going to the toyota dealer near me and get a quote. Then I can go to the dealers that sold me the car and have two references of material.