400H Garage Door Opener

Hey all, I just purchased a 2007 400h but I am having no luck programming my garage door opener into the overhead buttons. First I tried with the handheld transmitter directly, but it didn't appear to work. The following page of the owner's manual describes the procedure to use "rolling code" (?) openers, so I found the training button on the actual garage door opener unit, but I hold it down, had someone else hit the overhead button twice in the RX, but that didn't work either. The train button works fine and immediately using one of my handheld transmitters, so I'm pretty sure it's not the unit.

Has anyone else had problems with this? How did you fix them?

Thanks,

Dan

Above post is about right. Follow initial instructions, push learning button once and within 20 or 30 seconds you do the remote while in the car and it will work fine if your unit is rolling, which has been around for a number of years. I have had 5 Toyota products with the home link and they all work fine. A lot of people have problems, because they over think it and try to make it more complicated than it really is.