Installing After Market Audio

ataraxian

Hi All, I have a 2005 RX330 with built-in navigation and the standard audio system. Because the system, unfortunately, has no MP3/IPod connector, I'd like to replace the audio unit with an aftermarket CD player (probably a Pioneer of some sort). I have a couple of questions:

1. Will I have to replace the GPS unit with the audio unit or are the two completely separate?

2. I really like the fact that audio is turned down when a bluetooth call comes in. The audio unit I'm thinking of is Bluetooth ready. Will it retain this functionality? Will it play well with the existing Bluetooth? Is the RX330 Bluetooth only a part of the navigation system?

3. Any other gotchas I need to be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone out there can provide.

Ric

I think you'd have a lot of problems getting the car to work with a new system. All of the radio controls can also be adjusted through the nav screen as well as on the radio itself. I think you'd most likely lose these features and probably the features that mute the radio when a call comes in and what not.