Dvd Rear Screen

My DVD doesn't re-start playing once car is turned off and re-started, in order to watch DVD again I need to remove the DVD and re-feed it to the player why?

I can hear the sound but nothing on the rear screen.

Help

If yours is like mine then you don't have to eject the dvd and put it back in but rather go into the menu on the dvd player and select the DVD option to view it. PIA. I have gotten to the point that I can do it in the wifeys RX just by reaching back while driving and not looking at it for the little ones in back.

My DVD doesn't re-start playing once car is turned off and re-started, in order to watch DVD again I need to remove the DVD and re-feed it to the player why?

I can hear the sound but nothing on the rear screen.

Help

If yours is like mine then you don't have to eject the dvd and put it back in but rather go into the menu on the dvd player and select the DVD option to view it. PIA. I have gotten to the point that I can do it in the wifeys RX just by reaching back while driving and not looking at it for the little ones in back.

Thanks

will try again

I see option in DVD menu (NAV SCREEN)to turn on/off screens, but when pressing back screen button nothing happens. I can hear sound of the DVD playing so I know the DVD is playing, but the only way I can make the rear screen re-appear is to remove DVD and reinserted. This is a pain especially on short drives and the little ones keep asking for movie. Keep in mind I don't have the remote control for the DVD.

You mentioned that you reach back to to DVD menu, but there in no menu buttons on it. Just to clarify that this is the original DVD player and it's mounted in center console between driver and passenger.

Thanks plenty.

• 1 month later...

Sorry...just noticed you posted a reply.

Ok on the factory DVD player in my wifes RX there are buttons play etc where you put the dvd in. All you need to do is go to the source button "I think" and scroll over until you see DVD and press it twice once to select and once to accept the ok. This will restart the dvd from previous play so you do not have to eject and put the dvd back in. I do have a remote but I don't ever use it. This is still a pain...I do not understand for the life of me why when the dvd player is left open and you shut off the car that it won't just restart on its own...it kills me when I stop and get gas...get back in the car and my little boy is DADDY SHREK...not ON...

Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply.