Pictures Of My Rx400H

Beautiful CD.

My only negative comment is that I don't personally think that the cow catcher fits the vehicle.

Tom

Tom...I was thinking the same exact thing! :lol:

CD...looks GREAT.

Thanks guys :)

I get a lot of mixed opinions about the front nudge bar, i just like it because it stands out. It's also proved to be useful for pushing shopping carts out of the way in parking lots <_<

And actually i like the Dunlop tires. I didn't pick them, they came with the chrome rims when i bought them last summer. Apparently they're over $200/each (...woah) and the ratings were just above the factory Michelins. When they need replacing i'll probably opt for the Alenza's though... much cheaper and better performance.

I do notice however that the Dunlops don't squeal when taking corners, as my winter set of Michelins squeal honestly EVERY time i try to accelerate around a corner. Not sure why that is though as they both have the same tread left...

Where did you get that chrome front grille? Looks great! I want one for my new RX400h. Didn't see a horizontal style chrome grille on eBay.

Where did you get that chrome front grille? Looks great! I want one for my new RX400h. Didn't see a horizontal style chrome grille on eBay.

The chrome front grille is from the Lexus Rx330 Thundercloud Ed. <_< Perfect replacement!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-JDM-Harrier-Grille-Lexus-RX330-350-400-thundercloud-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2a0676698cQQitemZ180497049996QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

CD, that looks great. One question: did the Lexus logo come with the chrome grill? I've never seen that blue outline on the logo before--very interesting look.

I must admit i never liked the nudge bars the first time i saw them on other trucks and SUV's... but one day while searching for pictures of RX's on google i stumbled upon a few pictures with similar bars installed, and i started to like them. There were only a handful of nudge bars designed for the Rx400h, but i liked this one the best. It was only sold in the UK, and it was of course the second most... But it fits the bumper really well, and the lines meet perfectly. I think it gives it a lot of character. <_<

And Angus, you're correct, the front emblem was not like that when i got it. In 08, Lexus gave the Rx400h a new rear emblem, with the blue accents around the chrome. But for the front, remained the standard silver one (to allow for better air flow, as mine has the towing package which requires extra cooling). So i bought a new 08+ rear emblem (same as the one on the tailgate) and retrofitted it to the front grille. I had to sand the oval area of the grille a little, and glued the emblem to the grille with Goop. It fits perfectly! You can't tell it's not factory. <_<

But all the 08+ 400h's that came WITHOUT the towing package (which is a very small percentage believe it or not) have the matching emblem on the front already. You can buy this emblem (however i can't find any part numbers) and it will be a direct replacement to the standard silver one for the 400h, but the thundercloud grille i have uses a smaller emblem, so it wouldn't fit. So i figured i'd have to retrofit it anyways...

There's actually a rear 08+ 400h emblem on ebay right now, the guy's asking $125+shipping with a make an offer option. Brand new the emblem's $250 so it's already a deal, if you want to do what i did, this is you're best shot! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120573539199&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

• 10 months later...

Is it possible to get a front nudge bar from the dealer or is it only an aftermarket thing? And if an aftermarket only, where should I go to get one?

Thanks.

I don't believe Lexus offers one for the 04-09 rx350/400h... There are several aftermarket nudge bars available for the Rx400h, but i can't seem to find the location of the one i have. The website i got it from is no longer there.

See here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58110

I bought a total of 2 nudge bars, the same type. I got the first in '09 and at the end of last year i saw a duplicate on ebay for a really good price, so i bought it. It was from the same company, he just said he was getting rid of old stock so he threw it on ebay. Here's a scan of the receipt, maybe some of the info will help? you could try sending them an email, www.seko-s.de

b3q3py.jpg

• 2 months later...