Driver Door Lock And Tint

jtbel

My driver side door lock actuator gave out shortly after I had bought the car (used). I tried removing it at one point in time to possibly find an inexpensive new or used replacement, but learned that it is sort of "caged" in the door, and at the time decided it was not worth it to try and take it out. My friend works at a tint store that installs tint, alarms, stereos, etc. They also install universal door lock motors (usually in a vehicle that did not come with power door locks), anyway he installed one for me and it works great! He did'nt charge me anything because the motors cost just a few dollars and the rest is all labor. The tint on the front drivers side was also coming off, so I had him re-tint the whole car. He did charge me for that, but I was able to remove the old tint by myself fairly easy. So, basically if someone needs an actuator replaced, try going to a tint and alarm shop and have them install a universal door lock motor. It should be cheap because it is mainly just labor (removing door panel, finding 2 wires, installing new motor). Hope this helps someone.

My driver side door lock actuator gave out shortly after I had bought the car (used). I tried removing it at one point in time to possibly find an inexpensive new or used replacement, but learned that it is sort of "caged" in the door, and at the time decided it was not worth it to try and take it out. My friend works at a tint store that installs tint, alarms, stereos, etc. They also install universal door lock motors (usually in a vehicle that did not come with power door locks), anyway he installed one for me and it works great! He did'nt charge me anything because the motors cost just a few dollars and the rest is all labor. The tint on the front drivers side was also coming off, so I had him re-tint the whole car. He did charge me for that, but I was able to remove the old tint by myself fairly easy. So, basically if someone needs an actuator replaced, try going to a tint and alarm shop and have them install a universal door lock motor. It should be cheap because it is mainly just labor (removing door panel, finding 2 wires, installing new motor). Hope this helps someone.

thanks, ill keep it in mind. I dont understand though it couldnt be that hard to do yourself. Ive re salvaged window motors from my 1990 dodge ram with some paint thinner and oil afterwards.