Just Bought A '96 Es300

I just recently purchased a 96 es300 as a great price.

The engine is running very well and the mileage is relatively low for the year.

I did have a egr flow code and change the egr vacuum module and cleaned the valve with some seafoam ran through a vacuum line. So far it seemed to have cleared the code. But, that was just yesterday so we will see.

My main concern though was I have an audible vacuum leak when the AC is on while in park or at idle. Also some things i noticed is the car is actually idling lower when the ac is on, and idles higher when the ac switch is turned off. To my memory that is the opposite of what is suppose to happen.

If anyone has any suggestions please help and thank you.

I just recently purchased a 96 es300 as a great price.

The engine is running very well and the mileage is relatively low for the year.

I did have a egr flow code and change the egr vacuum module and cleaned the valve with some seafoam ran through a vacuum line. So far it seemed to have cleared the code. But, that was just yesterday so we will see.

My main concern though was I have an audible vacuum leak when the AC is on while in park or at idle. Also some things i noticed is the car is actually idling lower when the ac is on, and idles higher when the ac switch is turned off. To my memory that is the opposite of what is suppose to happen.

If anyone has any suggestions please help and thank you.

hmm well if you know there is a leak somewhere then that needs to be fixed regardless. as for the idol speeds, its like midnight here atm, but when i go outside tomorrow morning i can try it for fun to see for you. idoling with the ac on/off etc..

that is unless someone gets to it before and posts up. :)

really sorry for the late reply. got caught up in work there bah.

it idols about the same. from neutral about 1k rpm, and when the ac is turned on it jumps like 1 little bar... neglectable really.

sorry that that doesnt help very much but at least you know it could very well just be from the leak. =/

really sorry for the late reply. got caught up in work there bah.

it idols about the same. from neutral about 1k rpm, and when the ac is turned on it jumps like 1 little bar... neglectable really.

sorry that that doesnt help very much but at least you know it could very well just be from the leak. =/

Thank you any information helps.