250H Improvements

LDL007

Complaints:

1. Left hand rest at the driver's seat is too low for me!

2. Cupholders are hard to reach. There are many but useless.

3. The mouse control project too far in the front-wish it is retractable/foldeble.

4. Wish there are small bins for keeping pocket change/cell phone etc.

5. Wish there is a "bra" available

6. Sun viser is a little clumsy-a longer one would be better.

7. Xm radio etc could have been under an optional setting. I have no use for them.

8. An electronic trip odometer reset instead of the old fashioned reset.

9. A bottle ot touch up paint would have been nice.

10. It is difficult to see the homelink buttons in the night (when you arrive home to open the garage door)

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestions to Lexus, in addition to the above:

1. Watching a Youtube video, I learned that Lexus hs250-h has a lot plant-plastics. This should be a big plus point to tell the customers-I didn't hear about it!

2. Get rid of the big ugly mouse housing bulge-streamline it and provide a functional cupholder.

3. We need more storage space. Create a pouch on the back of the seat (is it not there because of required ventillation for seat heating/cooling?)

4. Please tint more!

5. Many employers require a hang tag for parking. These plastic tags do not hang easily in the mirror whatever you call it. Any imrpovement would be nice.

6. Is there a 15 second automatic light off option?

Complaints:

3. The mouse control project too far in the front-wish it is retractable/foldeble.

7. Xm radio etc could have been under an optional setting. I have no use for them.

10. It is difficult to see the homelink buttons in the night (when you arrive home to open the garage door)

What cup holders? Do you mean the stupid insert spacer thing below the center armrest? Or the bottle holders in the fron door panels that hold nothing?

Also looking for a place to put my iPhone... NOT on the passenger seat or dash...

I agree with you on all of your points.

• 4 weeks later...

Complaints:

What cup holders? Do you mean the stupid insert spacer thing below the center armrest? Or the bottle holders in the fron door panels that hold nothing?

Also looking for a place to put my iPhone... NOT on the passenger seat or dash...

I've owned my HS since Nov 09 and I 100% agree with all of the above.

Let me add a couple more improvements:

1. Change the EV mode to allow a higher speed, up to 35mp, and allow the mode to be used in a lower battery capacity. My HS kicks out of EV mode when the battery capacity drops below 3/4 charged (dumb, dump, dumb). BTW, this should be a software fix for the 2010 models.

2. Make absolutely sure that all of the future models use lithium battery and are "plug-in" hybrids. Mid 30ties MPG is not acceptable for a sedan built as a Hybrid only model. It should match, or come very close to matching, the Prius MPG rating.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like, in addition:

1. buttons for 6 preset radio stations on nav.-equiped models so you didn't have to go thru the nav. screen to directly access frequently used stations,

2. constant display of climate control settings,

3. readout of radio station with song info. on the dash (not center) screen,

4. front and side cameras standard,

5. standard xenon lights,

6. "juke-box" storage capability of mp3 songs,

7. better "off-the-line" power.

• 1 month later...

Adding my two-cent's worth;

[1] Move the power port and USB/Aux ports to the armrest. It's insane to have them out in the open like they are (let alone as ugly -- they look like they were lifted off of a riding lawn mower; they don't belong in a Lexus)

[2] More wood inside. I love the design of the dash, but would like a little more wood befitting of a luxury car.

[3] I'd like more info/customization to the head-up display. Would love to see the "economy" graphics up there.

[4] The Nav system should have bird's eye/3D graphics. Lexus' system is looking very dated.

[5] The front/wide-angle camera on/off button should be on the steering wheel where it's easier to access. I found that I didn't want it to automatically come on since when I'm at a stoplight, I want to fuddle with the audio controls - not automatically see the front camera.

[6] Car should have blind-spot detection which is far more useful than the Lane Keep Assist

[7] Pushing the gear selector forward should put you in drive; pushing it backward should put you in reverse. (Just the opposite is true).

• 2 weeks later...

My main peve's:

IPOD integration is total crap, A Kia I rode in the other day was far superior.

I agree with the door armrest, it is too low and the window sill is too high and hard, my arm rests right where the leather

starts and hard plastic ends.

make the back of the seats vinyl or leather like on my older ES, with storage pockets. My kids ride in the back and leave scuffs

on the seat backs.

• 5 months later...

Adding my two-cent's worth;

[1] Move the power port and USB/Aux ports to the armrest. It's insane to have them out in the open like they are (let alone as ugly -- they look like they were lifted off of a riding lawn mower; they don't belong in a Lexus)

[2] More wood inside. I love the design of the dash, but would like a little more wood befitting of a luxury car.

[3] I'd like more info/customization to the head-up display. Would love to see the "economy" graphics up there.

[4] The Nav system should have bird's eye/3D graphics. Lexus' system is looking very dated.

[5] The front/wide-angle camera on/off button should be on the steering wheel where it's easier to access. I found that I didn't want it to automatically come on since when I'm at a stoplight, I want to fuddle with the audio controls - not automatically see the front camera.

[6] Car should have blind-spot detection which is far more useful than the Lane Keep Assist

[7] Pushing the gear selector forward should put you in drive; pushing it backward should put you in reverse. (Just the opposite is true).

I totally agree with #7. I'm finding myself pushing forward for "Drive" and down for "Reverse". I have to keep looking to make sure when I step on the gas peddle I'll be going in the direction I intend to.

I don't like the power ports where they are either.

I agree with others about more storage space to either hold the cell phone or my parking transponder since I don't want to stick it on the windshield. Thanks goodness I was able to take the rack out of the glove box for more room. My temporary fix right now (and yes it looks ugly) is the organizer on the visor for the parking transponder. Just until I can find something more suitable.

Complaints:

I've owned my HS since Nov 09 and I 100% agree with all of the above.

Let me add a couple more improvements:

1. Change the EV mode to allow a higher speed, up to 35mp, and allow the mode to be used in a lower battery capacity. My HS kicks out of EV mode when the battery capacity drops below 3/4 charged (dumb, dump, dumb). BTW, this should be a software fix for the 2010 models.

2. Make absolutely sure that all of the future models use lithium battery and are "plug-in" hybrids. Mid 30ties MPG is not acceptable for a sedan built as a Hybrid only model. It should match, or come very close to matching, the Prius MPG rating.

I might argue about a plug-in Hybrid. In order to make use of such a vehicle you would need to (at least) double the amount of batteries. The cost of replacing the current battery pack is about $6,000 which is close to ridiculous, but barely tolerable if they last the full 8 years as guaranteed (albeit pro rated). But $12,000 would be ridiculous by any standard. And this car must have a good set of batteries in order to run. meaning that when the time comes to replace them you either pay up or junk the thing for parts because nobody else will buy it. I pity those fools that are buying the Nissan Leaf and the Chevy Volt with their 1000 lb battery packs. Unless the price of the batteries drop drastically in the coming years, those cars are for sure throw away items.

• 1 month later...