Air Suspension Ecu

SP911

I have a 1998 LS400 and I converted the air suspension to strut and springs by Strut Masters last weekend. I now have two problems that need correcting:

1. The high/norm suspension light flashes on the dash:

The kit did come with directions stating to cut the violet wire with red stripe on the air suspension ECU (for the 1995-200 LS400). I have found the air suspension ECU under the dash on passenger side (had to remove glove box) but my problem is I happen to be one of those 8% of males with a color deficiency. I can not see violet. What i could use is a pin out diagram of the connector that has this wire with it marked. Most electrical service manuals have them but alas i don't have one yet. The ECU has three plugs going in to it. I picture would also suffice

2. I have a fault for headlight leveling.

I stopped by the local dealer and spoke with one of the service writers who said that the system is connected into the suspension for the models with HID lights which i have. I reattached all 4 of the height control sensor links hoping this would correct the fault but it did not. I do not believe adjusting the lights themselves would correct the fault. How can i fix this fault?

Those of you who have personally done this conversion should have ran into the same problems and might have some advice. I will call strut masters after the weekend but was hoping to get it done and put back together sooner. I did search but I did not find any electrical diagrams.

You help would be appreciated.

SP

Ok I was able to get the wiring diagrams and ECU pin diagrams.

The first image is a scanned copy of the directions that came with the kit. As the directions state i am to cut the "violet with red stripe" wire going into the ECU. Looking at their electrical diagram that would mean i am to cut Plug C PIN 7.

scan0001.jpg

What Strut Masters fails to tell you is that there are three plugs going into the ECU

A12(A) A13(B) A14©with several violet with red strips wires.

scan0003.jpg

Finally you will see that they not only didn't give ECU pin diagrams but they directed me to cut the WRONG WIRE

Here is a scanned image of the CORRECT Air Suspension ECU Wiring diagram

Which correctly directs me to cut the wire Plug A Pin 7 and NOT Plug C Pin 7

scan0002.jpg

I cut the correct wire (which i got from AllData.com which is the site for Toyota specific technical information) and the HI/Reg light went away.

I like the ride of the Strut Masters but their directions are lacking enough information to do the job right.

If anybody has any technical questions about doing the switch your self just ask away. You do not have to do a few of the steps they want you to (like take out the rear drive shaft)

I still have the headlight leveling problem fault. I know the system is hooked up to the suspension just now sure how i can either bypass the system or get it to work as is.

• 1 month later...

Ok I was able to get the wiring diagrams and ECU pin diagrams.

The first image is a scanned copy of the directions that came with the kit. As the directions state i am to cut the "violet with red stripe" wire going into the ECU. Looking at their electrical diagram that would mean i am to cut Plug C PIN 7.

scan0001.jpg

What Strut Masters fails to tell you is that there are three plugs going into the ECU

A12(A) A13(B) A14©with several violet with red strips wires.

scan0003.jpg

Finally you will see that they not only didn't give ECU pin diagrams but they directed me to cut the WRONG WIRE

Here is a scanned image of the CORRECT Air Suspension ECU Wiring diagram

Which correctly directs me to cut the wire Plug A Pin 7 and NOT Plug C Pin 7

scan0002.jpg

I cut the correct wire (which i got from AllData.com which is the site for Toyota specific technical information) and the HI/Reg light went away.

I like the ride of the Strut Masters but their directions are lacking enough information to do the job right.

If anybody has any technical questions about doing the switch your self just ask away. You do not have to do a few of the steps they want you to (like take out the rear drive shaft)

I still have the headlight leveling problem fault. I know the system is hooked up to the suspension just now sure how i can either bypass the system or get it to work as is.