Lg Chocolate Touch Cell Phone List Transfer To Rx 400H

I have a 2006 RX 400h and a new Verizon Chocolate Touch cell phone. Bluetooth connection was easy. I can't find out how to transfer phone book from cell phone to the navigation hands-free phone system. All help will be appreciated. Neither cell phone or Lexus manual mentions how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, When you figure that out please let me know.. I too am having that problem.

Spent hours yesterday reading both car and phone manuals. Finally got the connection together, but phone won't upload. I don't see anyway to manually enter contacts either.

This car was given to me after my Dad passed, and OMG all the bells and whistles. Nothing like the RX300 I have.

Still working out the Nag instructions..... Love this car.

Hope you had success and can share.

P

• 3 weeks later...

I had no problem transferring my ATT Sony Ericsson to the 2006 Lexus RX400h when I got both at the same time. A breeze. The Nav on board phone list worked well with the new Verizon LG Chocolate Touch. It was when I tried to change a phone number from the Touch, the phone number transferred but wiped out all the other phone numbers. Still haven't got the numbers transferred. The LG Touch works well. I may wind up adding the ATT Sony to the Lexus bluetooth and add the phone numbers at once that way.

Someone else wrote that he could add a phone number manually within the Lexus Nav. I will try that, too.

I bought mine new in 2006 and still love it. Service is a little steep, but I shop around the various dealers. $880 at one and $500 at another for the same thing. Amazing. I will share with the forum when I get it all figured out. I am stubborn.

E

Hi, When you figure that out please let me know.. I too am having that problem.

Spent hours yesterday reading both car and phone manuals. Finally got the connection together, but phone won't upload. I don't see anyway to manually enter contacts either.

This car was given to me after my Dad passed, and OMG all the bells and whistles. Nothing like the RX300 I have.

Still working out the Nag instructions..... Love this car.

Hope you had success and can share.

P

I have an LG Accolade phone from Verizon and it works great. I checked that the phone was able to send phonebook data before I picked that one and most LG will so I assume they will work the same way. It took some guess work to figure it out, but the concept is like reverse Bluetooth.

First you need to build the phonebook into the phone or download it or however you get it there. I just entered mine. Next set up the device in the car as a Bluetooth device so the car and the phone are tired together as per the Lexus manual.

Then the tricky part: In phone settings in the car, choose “transfer Phone Data”. The car will say ok, I’m ready, start sending” . It is now in receive mode looking for data from your phone.

In the phone (mine anyway), go to the Bluetooth menu and you should see your car listed there, named whatever you called it. I just left it as the default, “hands Free”. Curser down to that device on the phone and press OK (enter). This brings up another menu that offers 1.connect, or 2, send name card.

Choose 2. That will bring up all the names in the phone. Select mark all and send. It will send them to the car at that point. It only takes a few seconds.

Go through the steps on the phone first so you can find that option and the mark all function.

Good luck with it.

chas

Thanks for the info on set up. I ended up calling Verizon and found someone willing to go the extra mile and help me out. I didn't know what the "send name card" was, but I do know.

Thank you for responding. :)