My Gas Tank Barfed!

914lps

I kid you not, the dam thing Barfed. This was not gas pouring out as I was pumping. The pump popped off (turned off) I had been filling it with the pump handle fully squeezed. no gas had spilled... Yet. When I removed the nozzle from the filler pipe/neck, gas came flowing out of the filler pipe (the pipe you put the nozzle into). It was really flowing out. Then it would stop. Make a gurgling sound, and more gas would flow up and out of the filler pipe, then do it again. When on for at least 1/2 minute or more. Don't know how much gas came out. But puddle was almost the size of the back of the car. Gas only came out of the filler neck only. Before pumping gas I had removed the gas cap, and it had been off for at least 10 seconds. Never heard of this. Also when started the car, the full gauge moved up slowly as it always does, but then went over the fill line. It has never gone that high in the 10 years I have had this car!

Your thoughts?

Did you throw a Mentos in there? :lol:

How hot was the day? Where do you live?

I Live In Arizona, but was on a road trip. I filled up in Yuma at about 5 pm I would say no more then 85 % outside. Everything was ok. No issues. I then headed towards San Diego. I stopped abound 125 ro 150 miles later. In that drive I went from around 800 feet to about 4,000 ft and back down to about 800 feet. Non stop. But remember I took the gas cap off to fill up, so pressure would and does equalize. Remember on the LS when you take the cap off you can hear the sound of the pressure equalizing. All LS'S do this all the time. I then filled up and that is when I had the issue. It was about 72 outside.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

• 3 months later...

Did you throw a Mentos in there? :lol:

How hot was the day? Where do you live?

I Live In Arizona, but was on a road trip. I filled up in Yuma at about 5 pm I would say no more then 85 % outside. Everything was ok. No issues. I then headed towards San Diego. I stopped abound 125 ro 150 miles later. In that drive I went from around 800 feet to about 4,000 ft and back down to about 800 feet. Non stop. But remember I took the gas cap off to fill up, so pressure would and does equalize. Remember on the LS when you take the cap off you can hear the sound of the pressure equalizing. All LS'S do this all the time. I then filled up and that is when I had the issue. It was about 72 outside.

Has anyone ever heard of this?