Alternator Repair

rydogg

• 1 month later...

The generator is stabilized by a nail and a screw, which are of 14mm. Now you can easily attach the nut by ratrecheting an ordinary key. The bottom bolt is best done using a plug of 14 mm with 2-4 extension. The nuts and bolts can come loose from the top of the engine. The second part you are taking your car on the passenger side . You must enter the car and remove the engine under the hood with a 12 mm from the generator. The nut is well above the generator and the attack of this from scratch is the most easy. When terminal B is out there is a clip behind the generator which should also come out. Now when everything is loosen and gets unattached you can remove the alternator. Now installing is easy and the same procedures is done in a reverse method.

• 2 months later...

I was looking for someone who can replace my 90 ls400 alternator but the thing was that the dealer was costing me more and at independent shop they told me that they will cost 100$ for that, which seems a big amount. So now I am thinking to replace by myself and I think this information will be quite useful to me.