Trouble Starting When Cold

kuziwk

just replaced the spark plugs which made little difference, im pretty sure its the wires but than again. The car takes sometimes 5-6 seconds of cranking to start by cold i i mean like 10 degrees c outside, but than after i let it idle i kill the ignition and start it up again its instant. Could there be a problem with the mass airflow sensor or something like that.

perhaps it's time to change the fuel filter

Yea I was thinking that too, its only 30 for an aftermarket one and it needs to be changed regardless. Haha toyota wants 70, gimme a break.

Your symptoms point to a classic leak-down of fuel pressure such that it takes a few seconds to reprime the system when cold. From what I understand it may be a leaky injector. You can perform a leak-down test at the fuel rail.

Your symptoms point to a classic leak-down of fuel pressure such that it takes a few seconds to reprime the system when cold. From what I understand it may be a leaky injector. You can perform a leak-down test at the fuel rail.

im not quite sure what the leak down test is, what would a mechanic charge (not the stealership). Im not sure about fuel pressure but whenever i open the tank to fill there is alot of pressure in the tank, probably needs a new gasket but i reafuse to pay $33 from lexus (yup i called and thats the price). Im currently running revive fuel injector cleaner from auto zone, as its a canadian brand, will this be harmful (i intent to change the fuel filter afterwards).

im not quite sure what the leak down test is, what would a mechanic charge (not the stealership). Im not sure about fuel pressure but whenever i open the tank to fill there is alot of pressure in the tank, probably needs a new gasket but i reafuse to pay $33 from lexus (yup i called and thats the price). Im currently running revive fuel injector cleaner from auto zone, as its a canadian brand, will this be harmful (i intent to change the fuel filter afterwards).

http://www.clarks-garage.com/pdf-manual/fuel-17.pdf

http://www.clarks-garage.com/pdf-manual/fuel-17.pdf

thanks, i dont see any black smoke, however there is white smoke but since its colder weather i think thats normal and it usually gets better as the car warms. If excessive white smoke was produced this would signify a coolant leak? either way the radator is fine to my knowledge. im also averaging 18 mpg which should go up a bit when i finish the bottle of injector cleaner and change the fuel filter.