Cel Code 13

Krizl

Hello, I'm new on this forum. I've had a 1992 lexus ls400 for almost a year now, 167,000 miles. At first when going around 60 mph the car would shutter and it seemed like if I toggled overdrive off and back on it would stop for awhile. It never did it in town which is where I do most of my driving. Well after driving it on a couple long drives it started happening even in city. Now its doing it all the time - car keeps trying to die and sometimes does. Idle goes way down then spikes back up and sometimes it dies. This occurs not only at stops but also while driving - while moving it will suddenly lose all power and then regain it (shuddering). I recently had the spark plugs and wires replaced, coil, fuel filter. Check engine light started coming on at this point - tripped Te1 and E1 and got a code 13. I checked online and found out that means RPM signal no. 2. I couldn't find too much info on what this means online (did some google searches and on this site). What little I found said it was likely the timing. Any insight or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Check the camshaft position sensors,crankshaft position sensor and the wiring to them, may be worth, if not already done,to clean the throttle body/butterfly flap.

Ok, thanks. I'll give that a try.