Highbeam/lowbeam

IRVSMITTY

I HAVE A 91 LS400.ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO MY YELLOW FOG LIGHTS STOPPED WORKING.I TRIED TO FIX THEM MYSELF,BUT NO LUCK.ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO I TRIED TO TURN ON MY HEADLIGHTS AND LO AND BEHOLD THE FOG LAMPS CAME ON.BUT THE COST WAS I DIDN'T HAVE ANY HEADLIGHTS.THATS UNTIL I PUSHED OUT ON THE HANDLE THAT CONTROLS LOWBEAM AND HIGHBEAM.WHEN I PUSHED OUT ON THE HANDLE AS IF TO CUT ON MY HIGHBEAMS THE LOWBEAM LIGHTS CAME ON.AND WHEN I PULL THE HANDLE BACK IN FOR LOWBEAMS JUST THE YELLOW FOG LAMPS COME ON.IS THIS A SWITCH PROBLEM?IF SO WHATS THE BEST WAY TO GET A REPLACEMENT ONE?

i cant really understand what you are trying to stay. first of all please dont type in caps since it means screaming and second please be more specific about the problem you have since its really hard to understand the sequence of your actions

It sounds like a wiring problem, as if you didn't connect the right wire to the right circuit or your high beam wire is loose. I would suggest getting a wiring harness diagram from lexus; you might have to pay for it. Otherwise, you could try getting a new harness, from a salvage yard, or one of the aftermarket retailers or tunershops.

it is more than liekly the headlight switch

since it can cut the fog lights off when the high beams are turned on i would say it is miss aligned

rather than buying a new peice i would try and clean or adjust it to make the contacts again

it may have been a bad arc removing some of the contact and the carbon finally wearing away

to get covered up again