"no Disk Detected" Nav Message / Error 2003 Rx-300

RobH

I have a "No Disk Detected" message / error on my nav screen. I had taken the car into a Lexus dealer to have the rear bumper painted. When I picked it up I had a "No Disk Detected" error message on the screen. I thought the dealership may have unplugged the ECU accidently. The looked at everything and said they didn't do anything and it's just a coincidence. They said they believe it's the ECU and costs ~$1,200 but they were just ball parking it without looking it up. Needless to say I was a little ticked off.

Everything else works with the interface (i.e. stereo, climate control). The only thing that doesn’t work is the nav.

That same day I took it from that dealership to my local dealer. They looked at it and initially thought someone may have taken our disk, or switched the disc with an older version (the one in there is v3.1). They explained that if there was a newer disk in there before the system can't go backwards in versions and read an older disk. They took the chance and tried to put a v9.1 disc in, but to no avail, the "No Disk..." message remained. They disconnected the battery to try and reset the system, but to no avail. They have come to the same conclusion that it's the ECU.

Anybody have this experience and can chime in? If it is the ECU any suggestions on places that may have a used or reconditioned one? Or a place that can repair them?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a "No Disk Detected" message / error on my nav screen. I had taken the car into a Lexus dealer to have the rear bumper painted. When I picked it up I had a "No Disk Detected" error message on the screen. I thought the dealership may have unplugged the ECU accidently. The looked at everything and said they didn't do anything and it's just a coincidence. They said they believe it's the ECU and costs ~$1,200 but they were just ball parking it without looking it up. Needless to say I was a little ticked off.

Everything else works with the interface (i.e. stereo, climate control). The only thing that doesn’t work is the nav.

That same day I took it from that dealership to my local dealer. They looked at it and initially thought someone may have taken our disk, or switched the disc with an older version (the one in there is v3.1). They explained that if there was a newer disk in there before the system can't go backwards in versions and read an older disk. They took the chance and tried to put a v9.1 disc in, but to no avail, the "No Disk..." message remained. They disconnected the battery to try and reset the system, but to no avail. They have come to the same conclusion that it's the ECU.

Anybody have this experience and can chime in? If it is the ECU any suggestions on places that may have a used or reconditioned one? Or a place that can repair them?

Ouch. My 2002 just did the samething. I diconnected the battery as well but that made no difference. I have not yet gotten an official estimate of repair. I will be watching this post to see if others have had a reasonalbe repair outcome.