2000 Lexus Rx300 - Grinding Antenna - Mast Or Motor?

Bmyers

I have a 2000 Lexus RX300. When the antenna goes down it makes a grinding noise which is extremely annoying. I've looked online and this doesn't seem like a common problem so I'm not sure what part would fix this issue (mast, motor or possibly something else?). It seems most people have an issue with the antenna not going up or down at all, however mine works fine... just makes that LOUD grinding noise as it gets close to the botton and then even after the antenna is already down the noise continues. Any suggestions would be EXTREMELY helpful!

Try cleaning and lubricating the mast with WD40. If that doesn't work, it's the problem described in the post above, and you are living on borrowed time!

I have a 2000 Lexus RX300. When the antenna goes down it makes a grinding noise which is extremely annoying. I've looked online and this doesn't seem like a common problem so I'm not sure what part would fix this issue (mast, motor or possibly something else?). It seems most people have an issue with the antenna not going up or down at all, however mine works fine... just makes that LOUD grinding noise as it gets close to the botton and then even after the antenna is already down the noise continues. Any suggestions would be EXTREMELY helpful!

Its the mast. Act now before it breaks and the repair and cost is practically nothing. If it breaks its a much more time consuming job but not dificult. I just bought the mast from the attached link for $30 includs shipping. Its comes with directions and is very simple as long as the plastic band has not broken. Most likly your antennae will not go up and down if the plastic band breaks inside. If it breaks there is a lot of info in the forum to get to the antennae motor and take out the broken piece but its very simple if you take care of it before it breaks. Heres the link. http://antennamastsrus.com/Lexus/RX%20300/RX%20300%201999-2003.htm