'04 Gx470 With Road Noise

sledder

Our GX470 has the droning noise from the time you start moving to what ever speed you are traveling. But the one thing I have noticed it that when you turn the wheel kind of hard back and forth (scrub the tires) or even going around a curve the noise goes away completely and it sounds good. I have the Michelin LTX M/S tires on it and they are loaded with sipes. I kind of think my noise is coming from the tires. I've even greased the U-joints.

Could it be the tires and not the problem everyone else is talking about?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Our GX470 has the droning noise from the time you start moving to what ever speed you are traveling. But the one thing I have noticed it that when you turn the wheel kind of hard back and forth (scrub the tires) or even going around a curve the noise goes away completely and it sounds good. I have the Michelin LTX M/S tires on it and they are loaded with sipes. I kind of think my noise is coming from the tires. I've even greased the U-joints.

Could it be the tires and not the problem everyone else is talking about?

Thanks

We changed out the front wheel bearings and the noise is completely gone! Outer race defects in both bearings.