Sunroof Leaks

stroker

Does anyone have a pic or diagram of the sunroof drain hoses on a 91 LS 400, also is it possible to use a thin snake to kind of clear out the drain tubes ? Not sure exactly where to start ! When I open the slider it is perfectly dry all around the channel it sits in even if it is still raining, but my headliner is soaked ! Could it be coming from somewhere else ? Thanks for any and all suggestions, Bobby

What hoses are you talking about? Do you mean the drip channel? I have a copy of the 92 LS repair manual, but it doesn't say anything about a drain hose, so I don't know how much help it'd be.

EDIT: Found it. See Step 8 in removal guide.

Sliding_Roof.pdf

thanks for the diagrams, it should make it a lot easier than guessing how it comes apart and goes back together..Thanks again, Bobby

What hoses are you talking about? Do you mean the drip channel? I have a copy of the 92 LS repair manual, but it doesn't say anything about a drain hose, so I don't know how much help it'd be.

EDIT: Found it. See Step 8 in removal guide.

There are four drain holes, one in each corner. They can easily get blocked. The two at the front are easy to see, but the two at the back are a pain to get to. You can try blowing compressed air, or get a small tube and a funnel and try pouring warm water down to see if it comes out the drain hole at the bottom of the car. I've also heard people trying to use lawn trim line, but I did not have much success with that as it could not negotiate the angles in the hose. If the hoses have gotten disconnected you will have to remove the headliner and reattach.