Jumping Into Drive?

kuziwk

im not sure if this a fine or not, but whenever i put the car into drive it kinda jumps or you can feel it shift to drive even when pressing full on the brake. My 2005 neon does this but considering its a lexus, is this normal? it just because everyone keeps saying how smooth the tranny's in these cars are, like i stil feel it shift but its still smooth. It idles fine, just under 1000 rpms when its cold and around 650 when its warm.

You normally feel a thump as it is put into D the transmission has a "shiftshock" system which should put the transmission into 2nd then 1st when D is selected.

There have been cases where the engine/tranny mounts when worn give a similar effect or the prop shaft coupling may be worn.

You normally feel a thump as it is put into D the transmission has a "shiftshock" system which should put the transmission into 2nd then 1st when D is selected.

There have been cases where the engine/tranny mounts when worn give a similar effect or the prop shaft coupling may be worn.

so its normal than, the jerking when you put into drive, reverse is fine but drive it jerks the car and the rpms lower slightly.? i had an out of province inspection done and the car passed with flying colors. I told them to look at the tranny mounnts and they said they were fine but im not convinced. Ive read on forums that the mounts looked fine until they pulled them out.

BTW i like your profile pic, what size rims are those, and what width and sidewall are the tires?