North Miami/customer Service Short Falls

:angry: ANGRY,*BLEEP*ED, Whatever you want to call it is how I feel right now. I purchased a 2006 "CPO" GS430 from Lexus of North Miami... actually flew 700 miles to pick up the car on a Friday afternoon. (Closest one in the color/leather she wanted) So I get down at 7:30 go thru all the paper work and BS...Paid CASH for the car. Was sold as a CPO but did not have 1. Spare Key 2. rear view mirror was flaking 3. Side view mirror was not operable. NM tells us that since it is a CPO the local lexus dealer will take care of these problems. Kinda like an IOU. So we stay aggravated about that issue for a month calling every day. Finally get these problems fixed. SO IM HAPPY AT this point only to be disappointed again. Find out the rear parking sensors do not work, b/c the rear bumper was repainted. NM did not tell us this... fight with them another month to get it taken care of and have to get the customer service involved. At this point customer service is 4.0 Get the rear bumper painted and am told the front was repainted as well. In taking a close detailed look, I notice tape on the head light, overspray paint on the black honey comb and trim pieces around the fog lights. Also paint on the chrome lexus logo trim. Paint has flaked off the front bumper. I took pictures...detailed pictures and sent them to Elias at Customer Service... My Fiance` was told that everything would be taken care of only to find out that it wasnt. Its been one of those deals that Ive been told one thing one week and another the next week. My Complaint is North Miami sold a LEXUS CAR as A CERTIFIED PRE OWNED CAR!!!!!!! When they never did the certification 161 point inspection on the car. The Lexus CPO overview states and I quote "Every Lexus Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle must pass a comprehensive 161-point inspection by a Lexus-trained technician. If any discovered flaws cannot be repaired to Lexus standards, the vehicle will simply not be certified." This is the excerpt about the RECONDITIONING "Lexus Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles must be in like-new condition. That means using only certified Lexus parts for any necessary mechanical repairs, performing paint and surface restorations to meet Lexus standards, and thoroughly cleaning and detailing each vehicle to bring out its true beauty. THIS IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE REPAIRS WERE NOT to Lexus Standards. I have studied Toyota and their quality standards with manufacturing. THIS IS NOT TOYOTA OR LEXUS QUALITY!!!!!!! I am being told that Lexus of North Miami will not fix the car to comply with Lexus Procedures, Standards and Quality. I will make it a priority and do whatever it takes to make sure that this material is posted on every Lexus/Toyota/Lexus North Miami Web Site to let people know what kind of lies and unfulfilled promises I have been exposed to. I WILL NEVER BUY A LEXUS AGAIN IF MY CAR IS NOT TREATED AS IT SHOULD.

I am being told that Lexus of North Miami will not fix the car to comply with Lexus Procedures, Standards and Quality. I will make it a priority and do whatever it takes to make sure that this material is posted on every Lexus/Toyota/Lexus North Miami Web Site to let people know what kind of lies and unfulfilled promises I have been exposed to. I WILL NEVER BUY A LEXUS AGAIN IF MY CAR IS NOT TREATED AS IT SHOULD.

Dude, don't condem the brand because of the experience with one dealership. Condem the dealership and seek legal action against them. Sometimes a single letter on attorney letterhead is all that is enough to put a fire under their butts. You have already stated that you have Lexus Customer Service is involved. Keep on them.

steviej

• 2 weeks later...

I am being told that Lexus of North Miami will not fix the car to comply with Lexus Procedures, Standards and Quality. I will make it a priority and do whatever it takes to make sure that this material is posted on every Lexus/Toyota/Lexus North Miami Web Site to let people know what kind of lies and unfulfilled promises I have been exposed to. I WILL NEVER BUY A LEXUS AGAIN IF MY CAR IS NOT TREATED AS IT SHOULD.

Dude, don't condem the brand because of the experience with one dealership. Condem the dealership and seek legal action against them. Sometimes a single letter on attorney letterhead is all that is enough to put a fire under their butts. You have already stated that you have Lexus Customer Service is involved. Keep on them.

steviej

Im not condeming the brand, I understand and have thoroughly read the CPO pre-reqs and the procedures by which a car becomes a CPO. This issue is with the dealer. The BBB has been contacted as well as the Florida Attorney generals office. North Miami isnt going to do anything more. I am just a thorn in their side that will continue to let folks know what kinda BS they put me thru. My local dealer Chatham Parkway is fixing the stuff at no cost to me. It should be Miami's having to eat the costs instead of CP.