Seafoam Procedure On Old Car?

lexus53

I have a 93 LS400 with 170,000 miles.The car runs well.I am going to change the plugs and before I do I was thinking of running the Seafoam through the brake hose.Saw the instructions and video on the forum.My question is will the seafoam do any damage by cleaning and loosening the sludge and carbon build up in the cylinders on a car with so many miles on it?Like start burning oil or any other problems.Should I forget the Seafoam and just change the plugs? Thanks

I have a 93 LS400 with 170,000 miles.The car runs well.I am going to change the plugs and before I do I was thinking of running the Seafoam through the brake hose.Saw the instructions and video on the forum.My question is will the seafoam do any damage by cleaning and loosening the sludge and carbon build up in the cylinders on a car with so many miles on it?Like start burning oil or any other problems.Should I forget the Seafoam and just change the plugs? Thanks

I have a 90 LS400 with 160,000....I did Seafoam last year before I changed my plugs. The SeaFoam cleaned up the system and did not cause any problems. I'll be using SeaFoam again this weekend but now I'll put it in the crankcase before I change the oil and I'll put the rest in the gas tank.

I've pulled a whole can through the brake line in my 93 with 185K miles and had no negative effects. I would definetly recomend Seafoam strongly. Although there is no real reason to use a whole can throught the brake line. Put enough through that you can start to see it coming out the exhaust. Usually about a third of a can is all you need. Put the rest in the gas or oil. make sure your car is warmed up before you put in seafoam, and if you put any in the oil, make sure and change your oil within 500-1k miles.

I've pulled a whole can through the brake line in my 93 with 185K miles and had no negative effects. I would definetly recomend Seafoam strongly. Although there is no real reason to use a whole can throught the brake line. Put enough through that you can start to see it coming out the exhaust. Usually about a third of a can is all you need. Put the rest in the gas or oil. make sure your car is warmed up before you put in seafoam, and if you put any in the oil, make sure and change your oil within 500-1k miles.

Thanks,I think i am going to give it a try.I don't know if i should put it in the oil or not.All the synthetic oils do not reccomend putting any additives to their oil.I am afraid of cleaning things up too much and maybe burning oil .Right now I use Mobil 1 oil and I don't burn any oil at all.Does it really do that much good to put it in the oil?