2001 Ls 430 Noise From Front End

Zett123

#1.I have a 2001 LS430 120K miles, and I am getting a clanging kind of noise from my front end, left Side.. This noise happens even over the slightest bumps. Was in a shop recently and they said the front end looks good and is tight and that it probably is the top strut mount. My question is, do these come off from the top (looks like it)?? I know about compressing the spring and all. Also, where to buy a good OEM replacement.

#2. My Master key has a broken housing and I am using tape to hold it together. Is there a replacement for both side or do I have to get a new key cut? (quoted $77.00 from my dealer)

Thanks guys!

I think I have the same type of noise in my 2000 ls 400. I changed the struts and caps ($600.00) and noise is still there. It only makes this noise going over bumps and especially if wheels are turned. I had front end checked and everything is tight. Very puzzeling! If you find out anything please let me know. I will do the same.

Thanks

I would say to look into the bushing that is located where the lower control arm meets the frame. I had the same noise. There was also a slight shimmy in the steering at 55-60 which was not due to alignment. Once I replaced the bushings on both side, the noise an the slight shimmy went away. I can also tell you that you might expect to replace your ball joints before too terribly long.