Water Leak When It Rains

I need help!!! I have a 2000 GS300 that's been babied since day one. I'm baffled by what causing my problem. After a heavy rain there is wetness and dripping water by the area of the interior front compartment light/garage door remote.

I've ran a plastic tube inside the 2 holes in the sunroof to clear any obstruction. I've poured water over the sunroof afterwards and see the water coming out as it should from the drain behind the front wheels.

Anyone else have this problem?? How can I open up the garage door remote panel to see what's going on behind it?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Since no one has answered you (and I don't have a GS!), I'll tell you how I remove the garage door opener panel on my 2000 LS400 since many vehicles made by Toyota have similarities - maybe the process is similar. On my LS400, the garage door opener module is at the rear end of the overhead map light assembly. After I pop the plastic lens out of the map light assembly (it's held in place by friction), the screws that hold the entire map light/garage door opener assembly are exposed.

Does your sunroof glass panel fit tightly? Have there been any repairs or adjustments to the sunroof?

I need help!!! I have a 2000 GS300 that's been babied since day one. I'm baffled by what causing my problem. After a heavy rain there is wetness and dripping water by the area of the interior front compartment light/garage door remote.

I've ran a plastic tube inside the 2 holes in the sunroof to clear any obstruction. I've poured water over the sunroof afterwards and see the water coming out as it should from the drain behind the front wheels.

Anyone else have this problem?? How can I open up the garage door remote panel to see what's going on behind it?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have the answer but I have a 2001 GS300 that leaks in the same area. I have taken the panel down and found nothing. Also did the flushing of the drain holes in the corner where the sun roof is. The bizarre thing is that it only happens about once a year. I figure the sun roof wasn't closed completely but after a few of these I realized that isn't the answer. Someone suggested it might be the front window seal but I've always noticed it after the car has sat awhile. I figure one day the windshield will be replaced and maybe the problem will be solved.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

take it from me i check every where.... come to find out my windsheild had to be removed and remounted back on ...because the glue was warn out on the windshield.. hope this help.... took me 2 years to find leak

had the same issue had to have the windshield remounted as well

• 3 months later...