2000 Rx 3000

I am looking for a good repair manual for a 2000 rx300 I need to change my timing belt & the dealer said I have to remove the dash to replace the evaporator. They wanted $1800 just for the evaporator (parts & labor)

I have to ask the question- why do you have to replace the evaporator? Evaporators do go bad, BUT very rarely. Before I went to all that work, I would want to be POSITIVE that it was bad and also have some kind of an idea of why it went bad, since it is so rare.

I am looking for a good repair manual for a 2000 rx300 I need to change my timing belt & the dealer said I have to remove the dash to replace the evaporator. They wanted $1800 just for the evaporator (parts & labor)

I have to ask the question- why do you have to replace the evaporator? Evaporators do go bad, BUT very rarely. Before I went to all that work, I would want to be POSITIVE that it was bad and also have some kind of an idea of why it went bad, since it is so rare.

I won't post the link here because I assume it's copyrighted but go to Rapidshare.com and search for "Lexus RX300"; you'll find a 1,000+ page repair manual which is directly from Toyota. It shows you in detail how to fix EVERYTHING on your vehicle.

• 3 months later...

<snip>

I won't post the link here because I assume it's copyrighted but go to Rapidshare.com and search for "Lexus RX300"; you'll find a 1,000+ page repair manual which is directly from Toyota. It shows you in detail how to fix EVERYTHING on your vehicle.

Um! Just tried this. Seems that Rapidshare now allows downloads to those "family & friends" who are designated when one uploads a file. Any other way to get this?

Thx,

Dave