Can The Serpentine Belt Idler Pulley Be Lubricated

mls

Can the bearings on this pulley be lubricated or is it sealed? Mine makes a periodic chirping sound. This is the free pulley, not the one on the the belt tensioner. 95 LS400

Can the bearings on this pulley be lubricated or is it sealed? Mine makes a periodic chirping sound. This is the free pulley, not the one on the the belt tensioner. 95 LS400

It's a sealed bearing, replace only. Takes less than 2 minutes.

Probably, if the seal on the outside surface of the bearing is plastic or rubber. I have taken a sharp tipped knife and opened the seal carefully many times on those bearings. I then inspect, if the grease is dryed out I will take some polymolybodium disulfide (black grease high temp) and squirt some in the bearing and rotate it. I pack the bearing and clean the excess and push the rubber style seals back in the bearing...Have done this for years and never had a failure afterwards.... Note if the bearing is badly damaged it should be replaced. I can tell by rotating it after greasing and if it is not smooth it is toast.