Car Buying Advice [2009 Gs350]

Hi Guys ... new to the forum looking for advice. Looking to buy a 2009 GS350, the vehicle I am looking at has NAV, ML, Adaptive Variable Suspension and Pre-Collision. However, it is missing some of the more basic options such as park assist, adaptive head lamps with washers and rain sensing wipers ... how essential would you rate these features?

Looking to buy a 2009 GS350, vehicle has NAV, ML, Adaptive Variable Suspension and Pre-Collision. However, missing more basic options such as park assist, adaptive head lamps with washers and rain sensing wipers ... how essential would you rate these features?

Nice choice with the GS

how essential would you rate these features?

park assist - best for curbside parking between vehicles, or close maneuvering. Probably not a feature to get unless you have the need, as the sensors detract from the bumpers smooth appearance.

adaptive head lamps with washers - adaptive lamps illuminate the direction you signal a turn, so helpful if you travel where lighting is very poor or nonexistent at night. The washer is good if you get dirt/mud on the lights, but otherwise... no big deal.

rain sensing wipers - unless you wait until the rain is blinding before turning on wipers, then this is merely a nice to have feature.

Hope this helps

What kind of price are they asking? In Feb this year I purchased a 2010 AWD GS 350 (which is $2000 higher than the RWD GS) for only $2000 more than they were asking for a near perfect 2009 RWD, which had extremely low miles. The 2009 had ML, but was equipped with the DVD based navigation, whereas the 2010 has the HDD navigation. Might want to try hard on a 2010. I got about $4000 off the sticker. The CPO's are generally marked up to cover the extended warranty they so called "give you". You might get a good price and have a new car in the bargain. Supposedly they are having special prices up until 1 June. Just a thought, and you can choose your colors and get a couple of "goodies" thrown in.

What kind of price are they asking? In Feb this year I purchased a 2010 AWD GS 350 (which is $2000 higher than the RWD GS) for only $2000 more than they were asking for a near perfect 2009 RWD, which had extremely low miles. The 2009 had ML, but was equipped with the DVD based navigation, whereas the 2010 has the HDD navigation. Might want to try hard on a 2010. I got about $4000 off the sticker. The CPO's are generally marked up to cover the extended warranty they so called "give you". You might get a good price and have a new car in the bargain. Supposedly they are having special prices up until 1 June. Just a thought, and you can choose your colors and get a couple of "goodies" thrown in.

Thanks for your advice guys, my 2002 ES has rain sensing wipers and I think that is what I am going to miss the most.

The vehicle has 11K miles and equipment includes MV, CS, LR, LS, PS, VS. Price is 40K, is that a good price or do i still push for new ... how good of a deal will I be able to get?

They are offering a 4 year scratch/scuff warranty on the body and wheels for $650/4 Years ... worth it?