Powerdrive Versus Eco Drive

sanju

Hi All

Hope you are enjoying your HS 250! I am ! Interesting observation though - I have been driving mainly in Power Drive since the last few gas tank fills and I am not getting any worse mpg! For example, on my recent road trip ( I 75 from Cincinnati to Michigan, more or less flat ) I got about 37 according to the display. What have your experiences been? If the mpg is the same, then might as well drive in Power Drive right? Its so much more responsive...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Hope you are enjoying your HS 250! I am ! Interesting observation though - I have been driving mainly in Power Drive since the last few gas tank fills and I am not getting any worse mpg! For example, on my recent road trip ( I 75 from Cincinnati to Michigan, more or less flat ) I got about 37 according to the display. What have your experiences been? If the mpg is the same, then might as well drive in Power Drive right? Its so much more responsive...

On a similar drive-columbus-Cincinnati, on the Eco mode, I got over 43! In fact, whie going to Cincinnati, the MPg averaged over 45.

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Hi, I have only had my 250 for 2 months, but I think you'll find on the highway, regardless of mode, you'll get great milagle. The place you find a big difference is in the City. That's where Eco thrives. Happy Driving, Timo

• 1 month later...

The difference between the drive modes is in the degree of throttle responsiveness. In all modes you will get the same amount of power if you throttle down and floor it. As Timokaj said, if you're already up to speed, then the impact of throttle responsiveness shouldn't impact overall MPG too much.

There are some other minor differences with the modes, such as in Eco Mode it limits the A/C from blowing at full blast, but this has a minor result in most circumstances.

Happy driving!

-John