No Bp Gas For Me

nc211

I, for one, will make every possible effort to avoid buying my gas from BP from now on. Heard on the news this morning, the CEO of BP downplaying the environmental damage being done to the Gulf of Mexico, in a very arrogant fashion. I'm sick to my stomach to think what is about to happen to the Everglades. Anyone see 60 minutes this past weekend? This is strictly BP's fault! They had a SVP in charge who trumped all recommendations for safety, for the sake of profits. They were warned by the world's top experts on how to drill for oil that what they're doing on this rig is wrong, and they not only ignored these comments, but fired anyone who agreed with them, all for the sake of profits. They said they were loosing $1m a week on this hole. Now, you tell me folks....ANY of you think ANY of the big oil companies have grounds to make business decisions based upon cost savings? Anyone here not know about the record profits these guys have been reporting for the past SEVERAL years?

I can't stop the drilling for oil. It's a dirty, dangerous, and risky business. It is a necessary evil in our current lives. However, I can choose who I give my money too...and it ain't gonna be to these guys anymore!

I will take back any and all negative comments I've made about Obama, and I will vote for him again, in a heartbeat, if he tackles the abuses going on in big oil. You talk about a sector of the economy that goes unchecked. These guys not only have the ability to ruin the economy, but the environment as well.

Nc, I wouldn't be so inclined to 'take back" your comments about obama. This incedent in big oil and obama hasn't done anything except flap his lips to a minimum. I don't buy BP either but only because of location. Ther is more to this and the media has most to do about it. If it was an act of nature then who would we blaim ? It's all about the almighty $$$$$$ chair.gifcensored.gif Just *BLEEP*ed off in general with the losing changes that the dems are getting in before they are ousted............................

You know who I'd love to hear from on this, that we haven't seen in a long time....Ralph! (RFields)???? He's in the oil & gas game down in Blake's neck of the woods. Blake, have you heard from Ralph at all??

DC - well, you know I'll always have a critical eye ;) But I've got to say, after three years of price manipulation, shortage "rumors", record profits, and all the other stuff the general public has been subjected to by big oil and wall street, and now some of the prettiest coastlines on the globe being ruining by heavy crude, due to ignored safety concerns for increased profit margins.....I think this nation's biggest threat to national security isn't sitting in a cave in Pakistan, or delivery C4 pizzas in Baghdad....but sitting in a corner office in downtown Houston, TX. I'm :censored: tired of "President Makers" being "Public Killers".

I feel your anger, Those offices have been there a looonnnggg time, Gouging/price manipulation is as old as dirt/oil itself. I agree there are more important targets right here in our backyard. If there was an honest politician dry.gif He/she wouldn't have to take a cent from any "BIG BUSINESS" They are all corrupt and will lie till there dying day censored.gif In the end I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. What a shame sad.gif

• 3 weeks later...
You know who I'd love to hear from on this, that we haven't seen in a long time....Ralph! (RFields)???? He's in the oil & gas game down in Blake's neck of the woods. Blake, have you heard from Ralph at all??
I haven't heard from him in a loooooong time. I think the last post of his that I remember was about 2 years ago. What's ironic is the first vessel to come in to our new ship dock was loaded up with lube oil that our customer gets from BP. lol

I still don't see why BP are getting all the blame for this. It wasn't their vessel (It was TransOcean) or their equipment (Cameron) that failed, or even BP people that operated the rig. Although BP have the majority share in the field (68%), Transocean were engaged by all shareholders in the consortium to drill hole, so why is BP to blame for the failure?

BP IS TO BLAME, SOLELY, as it was THEIR people who cut the corners of NOT using the proper safety technique - heavy-mud - to prevent this from happening in the first place. There was a BP Senior VP on the rig, who flat-out told all of those experts that were literally screaming at him that he had to use the proper heavy mud technique to drill that hole. As quoted by those interviewed who where in the room at that meeting, he got angry and said something along the lines of "I'm the authority here, I say what goes, this hole is costing us $1M a day, and we're doing this my way"...... I give you the result of BP arrogance.... Nevermind the record profits they've been raping the general public over for the past 5 years either.

I haven't bought a drop of their gas since I posted this originally, and still won't. I hope they f'n fry for this mess! But know the only way that can happen is if investors dump their stock, which won't happen. Funny isn't it....how just 24 months ago an analyst and Lehman Brothers can say a lone terrorist in Africa was seen walking by an unprotected piece of pipeline, which causes oil to go up $11 in a few hours....but BP can spew millions of gallons of oil uncontrollably into the Gulf of Mexico not 2 years later, and oil hasn't moved in price, and BP stock has taken minimal hits..... You think this game has anything to do Supply/Demand? Bullsh*t. If you think that, then I've got some great investment property in Detroit for you, guaranteed* to triple in value by Christmas.

* = you're ability to believe, for which you release me of all liability of my claim.

Saying it was the owner's fault, is like me saying it's BMW's fault because you got drunk and wrapped your leased M5 around a tree.

Guess what... they've got others sitting down there too that cut corners as well, which make this rig "Horizon" look like pre-school. I believe the other ticking timebomb is called "Enterprise".