Vvt-i Vs Dts-4

:unsure: Big question guys...Ok all the non turbo folk can read another post. The 2jz-GE is a VVT-i motor. Now with us all knowing what this is, the cause of my blown motor may have been due to incorrect timing. About 5 months ago the speed shop installed a MSD ign along with a DTS-4 timing mod. This has a tube that connects to my boost control. I assume it reads boost levels and corrects the timing as to boost. Now a stock motor with 10lbs boost may be a bit much? Not sure but the problem with my motor started soon after this was installed. They said it was a safe guard. It was to pull timing out at high boost levels to be sure I didn't fry the rings?????? I guess I would like to see if any other folk have this mod? is it messing with the VVT-I? does the car or new built motor need it? or will the normal VVT-I do what it needs to handle the boost? It's tons of questions guys...sorry. I am worried this DTS-4 is (**%*()@@ up the motor!? ANY comment would be sweet.....Thanks B)

:unsure: Big question guys...Ok all the non turbo folk can read another post. The 2jz-GE is a VVT-i motor. Now with us all knowing what this is, the cause of my blown motor may have been due to incorrect timing. About 5 months ago the speed shop installed a MSD ign along with a DTS-4 timing mod. This has a tube that connects to my boost control. I assume it reads boost levels and corrects the timing as to boost. Now a stock motor with 10lbs boost may be a bit much? Not sure but the problem with my motor started soon after this was installed. They said it was a safe guard. It was to pull timing out at high boost levels to be sure I didn't fry the rings?????? I guess I would like to see if any other folk have this mod? is it messing with the VVT-I? does the car or new built motor need it? or will the normal VVT-I do what it needs to handle the boost? It's tons of questions guys...sorry. I am worried this DTS-4 is (**%*()@@ up the motor!? ANY comment would be sweet.....Thanks B)

well lets see. the 2jzge is capable of handling about 5 to 600 hp without an internals, so slapping on a single turbo kit on the ge head will take it no problem. the vvt-i is suppose to kick in after a certain rpm to give it more ooph but with that dts-4 timing mod thingie is probably throwing off the computer in when to have the vvt-i engage. on top of that, when you start boosting, your rpm's kick in a lot faster so your stock computer can't handle to many cylces of bytes along with the dts-4, vvt-i, maf sensor, etc... so the governer kicks in and sends your engine to jail for violating it. So i'm thinking once you hit a certain rpm with boost, plus having your dts-4 trying to readjust, having your vvt-i trying to engage, your poor ecu has to unleash the governer and probably give you fuel cut off so you won't fry anything. i say take out the dts-4 timing mod and run the vvt-i on it's own. that's just my two cents.