Aftermarket Upgrade To 2010 Stereo System

jgilbert

I have a 2010 ES 350. I do not have the Mark Levinson sound package. If I wanted to upgrade the sound with aftermarket parts, how would I get the most bang for my buck? p.s. I don't listen to rap or hip hop, just typical rock and roll. I guess I have two options...add an amplifier or switch out speakers. Assuming my funds are limited, what could I do to get the most improvement to my current system for the least amount of cash?

I have a 2010 ES 350. I do not have the Mark Levinson sound package. If I wanted to upgrade the sound with aftermarket parts, how would I get the most bang for my buck? p.s. I don't listen to rap or hip hop, just typical rock and roll. I guess I have two options...add an amplifier or switch out speakers. Assuming my funds are limited, what could I do to get the most improvement to my current system for the least amount of cash?

Actually, the combination of adding additional amps and upgrading the front speakers would probably be a goog start. I simply placed a small,(8 inch) sub-woofer and amp in the trunk of my ES to add bottom and smooth out the bass and am very happy.

I am not an expert, only a music lover. An upgrade of my front tweeters is next.

Actually, the combination of adding additional amps and upgrading the front speakers would probably be a goog start. I simply placed a small,(8 inch) sub-woofer and amp in the trunk of my ES to add bottom and smooth out the bass and am very happy.

I am not an expert, only a music lover. An upgrade of my front tweeters is next.

When you say front tweeters, are you referring to the speakers in the dash adjacent to the front windshield or the speakers in the front doors? I thought that replacing the speakers in the dash would be hugely expensive due to the labor cost of opening up the dashboard.

When you say front tweeters, are you referring to the speakers in the dash adjacent to the front windshield or the speakers in the front doors? I thought that replacing the speakers in the dash would be hugely expensive due to the labor cost of opening up the dashboard.

Thanks goodness for caveats.(Joke) As I said I am not an expert, but it is my understanding that you do not have to take the dashboard apart to install new tweeters. This is the point where it would be helpful for someone else to chime in with their expert advice.

• 4 weeks later...

an 09 ES350 w/NAV and I understand your interest to improve its sound system. Changing the sub by adding an 8" or an enclosured 12" driver with amp is a good start but it does not give the clarity, best frequency curve or wide image that this system needs. Changing tweeters and other drivers might help on loud passages but for a sound system as expensive as this, I wouldn't expect big improvements and it is not simple to substitute all the 14 drivers. My approach would be to get one of those OEM integration processors such as the Alpine PXE-H660 that will improve the sound the way you want it, adding one of those multi-channel amp. No speakers need to be replaced. Check on the WEB for the best processor and amp that fit your budget. I'll do the same as soon as I have the cash and the time for it.