Wind Noise Fix Jim Craneys Modified Option.

OK Follow the instructions given here

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls460l-and-ls600h/352398-ls460-wind-noise-fix-continued-discussion-28.html

but instead I used metal tape that you can cut with a scissors, and instead of silicone I used Lexel this stuff cleans up with mineral spirits and no waiting you can drive in .5 hour. I will now continue and post some pictures. Also a heat gun to heat the triangle and then pull it off starting from the upper tip. The heat gun makes it easy to pull off. Then the clean up with Goof off the strong stuff they also make a weak version. I also used a small screw driver to first remove the foam and its sticky tape then the goof off for final clean up of the triangle and the car.

post-112259-127412103746_thumb.jpg

Next put a bead of glue in the crack and up to the rubber gaskets you will see the openings by the gasket ends that you need to fill with glue they are wide open. Same as JMcraneys. then I put my glue on the triangle only then just install this Lexel is so sticky that it will hold the triangle. Note you have to remove the guide pieces, (I used a small electrical side cutters) off the triangles before you clean them as it makes cleaning them easier. Then as seen in the picture add the glue and press on to the car. Don't worry if you get some on the part or the car just remove with Mineral Spirits it come's right off.

post-112259-127412189905_thumb.jpg

I wasn't that careful so I removed some scratches from the front of the triangle, very easy to do. Also to remove the old adhesive I used paper towel and goof off and just kept rubbing and turning the towel to a clean spot. A razor blade was a big help. Also have a couple of micro fine towels for final clean up. Good Luck

post-112259-127412214264_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the parts cleaned up.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Let us know how successful the fix is for you.

The results are the same as craneys just easier and quicker. I did this to my 2 460's so I never really had much wind noise sometimes I would wonder what every one is getting excited about may be if I didn't do this right away I would have noticed the noise some others are having, to me this car is quieter than a S550 as far as wind noise. I thought the cross wind noise is what most were complaining about or maybe not.