Door Lock Switches Not Working

Hi,

I have a 92' SC400 and my door lock switches will not work on either side. I started to troubleshoot the problem and I only have ~8.5vdc to the switch at the door. On checking the fuses, I found that all that apply were fine. My next move was to go to the door lock control ecu and ended up getting tied up with my schedule. The slots for the key to go into the door lock cylinders are cocked 2 o'clock on both the driver and passenger sides. I can't insert the key all the way in the door. The passenger side will lock and unlock with the key, but again I can only get about 3/8" of the key in the cylinder. The driver’s side will go in the same amount but will not unlock or lock. I probably will be shaving my door handles before I paint the car, so I'm not concerned so much about fixing/replacing the handles or lock cylinders. But I want to mention them as an aid to describe the situation I have. Other things going on are the memory seat settings don't work, and the headlight sensor is either broke or the circuit is bad because the lights do not automatically come on. I don't think that those two things are tied into the door lock circuit, just a heads up in case they are. If anyone can help me with this, I'd appreciate it. I just haven't had the time to really dig in to the problem at all. Thanks for your time!

Toddyzfr1, Here are directions for the seat memory.

SECTION1-6PAGE77.jpg

This could be the problem as well read all posts:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-400-300/235193-drivers-memory-seats-not-working.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-400-300/63777-seat-memory-fix.html

Download the Sc 300/400 workshop manual for other trouble shooting.

http://www.zshare.net/download/5185463529a5bf95/

Hey thanks man, I appreciate it. I have the manual on my drive already and was using it to help me troubleshoot. One reason I didn't finish was because I was only in the first phase of restoring the car. I have a ways to go. It was in rough shape. Oddly enough, reading the posts on the memory seats actually gave me some thoughts about the door lock circuit lol. I'm gonna really take some time to investigate what is going on and what I can do to fix and improve/simplify some of the problems I have. Right now I was just being lazy because of my schedule. I was hoping someone would come in with a "oh yeah, I had that problem. All you gotta do is..." lol.

Once I get the time and fix it I'm gonna start a new thread for anyone that has similar problems. That about a good month away :angry: Thanks man.