Scheduled Maintenance Every 5K?!

ldm616

My dealer tells me my 2004 GX470 needs a major service every 30k miles. That seems reasonable. But they also say it needs to come in every 5k miles between major services? Is that really true? I have about 110k miles on the vehicle. Thanks in advance for any replies.

My dealer tells me my 2004 GX470 needs a major service every 30k miles. That seems reasonable. But they also say it needs to come in every 5k miles between major services? Is that really true? I have about 110k miles on the vehicle. Thanks in advance for any replies.

They are saying for routine maintenance every 5k...oil change, tire rotation...etc. You can use an independent shop.

• 3 months later...

They are saying for routine maintenance every 5k...oil change, tire rotation...etc. You can use an independent shop.

I just hit 30K on a preowned 05 and the dealer recommended a 30k service totaling $500. I passed and figured I do a little research first - do anyone know what is truly necessary? Thanks!

I just hit 30K on a preowned 05 and the dealer recommended a 30k service totaling $500. I passed and figured I do a little research first - do anyone know what is truly necessary? Thanks!

Look in the service book in your car, or online it will tell you. Most of it I think is inspections. I think many times you are safe to have the oil changed and fluids topped off. Take a look at Lexus.com and register your car you should be able to get the service intervals.