Another Lexus Noob Saying Hello

turboomni

Hey Guys,

I'm glad I found you all. I have just purchased a 1997 Lexus LS400. A friend of mine works at a Big Lexus dealership. I asked him if he had any cheap cars ,not expecting anything. He said I have a beautiful ls 400 1997 that was just traded in on a new Lexus. It has 140000 miles and is in great shape with a full history of all service done at the dealership. He said anything that was recommended to be done was done and all reciepts came with the car with a full printout from the dealer. The car was bound for the auction house as the milage was too high to be sold there [and too old?]. I never considered getting a car like this but my friend said "If you drive it you will buy it!!" And I did. what an amazing car. I paid 6500 for it,, I hope I did ok. It will be inspected and detailed by them before I get it. The crazy thing is since I bought it from a Lexus dealer I can go there anytime I want ,drive into the entrance and say no service today just a hand car wash,,give them the keys ,,go upstairs and have a complimentary lunch while I wait then drive off for free for as long as I own the car!!! What a country!!!!!lol!!

Like I said I never considered getting a luxury car never mind a Lexus!! That 32 valve V8 and drivetrain are amazing. Being a slight hotrodder I would like to hear that beautiful engine's voice abit more. Any suggestions?? Also anything else you can point me to on this forum for noobs would be great.

I will be getting the car later this week.

Thanks

Turboomni