Navigation Screen Error Message

matelot

I have a 2004 GX470 with the original DVD nav disc. My nav screen is no longer working and it's displaying the following error message

"Error: System unable to access the program...Incorrect program disk. Please insert proper disk" (I've attached the screen shot below)

I unplugged the battery power so the system can restart and I still get the same message. I took to the dealer and they want me to change the entire DVD and nav component at a cost of $1K. I don't understand why I need to change the entire system.

Has anyone seen this error message before? Do you think it can fix by updating to the new DVD version?

Thanks for the response

post-6556-127398663945_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I have a 2004 GX470 with the original DVD nav disc. My nav screen is no longer working and it's displaying the following error message

"Error: System unable to access the program...Incorrect program disk. Please insert proper disk" (I've attached the screen shot below)

I unplugged the battery power so the system can restart and I still get the same message. I took to the dealer and they want me to change the entire DVD and nav component at a cost of $1K. I don't understand why I need to change the entire system.

Has anyone seen this error message before? Do you think it can fix by updating to the new DVD version?

Thanks for the response

Were you messing around with the service menu? I had a similar problem after I pressed a "Loading" button within the service menu. Do you recall what you were doing prior to this message apapearing?

The Error is due to the OS software has got corrupted. It is not the Application such the NAV DVD which you have got. Goto the nearest AUTOZONE and get the fault codes out. It is free, Let us know, We will take it from there. Possibilities are that due to some virus the application has corrupted the NAV unit ECU, ( very rear ) unless there has been some spike into installing a third party software. Now one way the dealer is also right as the unit needs to be complete scanned, all error codes wiped and fresh install of OS system into the NAV unit ECU. As this is a long long job, stealership has given the shortest way of solving this job ( Replacement ) . One more thing you could do is try sourcing a NAV unit ECU from the Salvage yard guys ( ofcourse GX model ) and you could install the NAV DVD software as an upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response

Were you messing around with the service menu? I had a similar problem after I pressed a "Loading" button within the service menu. Do you recall what you were doing prior to this message apapearing?

Hello royal1k i have the same problem : messing in the service menu and a pressed loading button!!!! what did you do to fix the problem?

• 5 months later...

Anyone ever figure out how to fix this? I was messing around in the service menu and cuased the same. I chose a different program from a list of choices, so this isn't a virus or some other data corruption. Probably need to know japanese to change it back, or some really lucky guessing.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever figure out how to fix this? I was messing around in the service menu and cuased the same. I chose a different program from a list of choices, so this isn't a virus or some other data corruption. Probably need to know japanese to change it back, or some really lucky guessing.

I got the same thing by messing around the serivce menu. Wondering is there any solution out there? :cries:

I got the same thing by messing around the serivce menu. Wondering is there any solution out there? :cries:

I haven't found anything yet. I still waiting for a nice day to pull out my passenger seat, then the nav drive, then the CMOS battery in hopes it will default back to a useful state. I will certainly post if i find anything helpful.

I haven't found anything yet. I still waiting for a nice day to pull out my passenger seat, then the nav drive, then the CMOS battery in hopes it will default back to a useful state. I will certainly post if i find anything helpful.

Last night, I pulled the Nav ECU out from underneath the passenger seat. Opened the ECU and disconnected the SRAM backup battery (did it a couple times). I had no luck! Still showing the same screen. Wondering how other people in the club were able to do it by this way. I found a threah of one guy had similar issue and could only get it fixed by loading a newer version DVD. Really need help from whoever fixed the problem.

UPDATE: I FIXED IT !!!

Tonight, I followed the steps that RXCHICAGO posted in this thread (thank RXCHICAGO for sharing!) http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29621&st=30

and finally fixed the problem and updated to v7.1 as a bonus.