'07 Rx 350 Rack And Pinion Steering

Just curious as to if there have been any rack and pinion steering gear assembly leaks in 2007 RX 350s. At 57K miles, my servicing dealership had to replace mine...seems too Hyundai like instead of Toyota / Lexus like. Have owned various Toy products over several years and have never encountered premature failure of this particular part.

• 9 months later...

I know it's been a while since the OP, but I just had a rack and pinion replaced at 68K on a 06 Lexus RX330. Seems like a rather high failure rate for such an expensive car (which I have owned since new). I really was not planning on spending $1700 (which is what I was quoted by the local Lexus Stealership). What’s really sad is I was thinking about trading it in and upgrading to the Lexus RX350 in the next few months. Doesn’t make much sense now as I have to recoup the $2K cost plus rethink Lexus as a brand. Maybe the Acura MDX would last longer (on non-maintenance related items). Heck, I’ve owned Hyundai’s with no issues for 100K!