Ipad, Anyone Got One?

Steve

I have had several people tell me its awesome...but I don't really see the allure...

I'm an Apple fan boi. Plug it into the AUX port in the car and there's the work-around for the missing ML DVD player and it works while the car is moving.

Love mine.

Guesses on what's after the tablet ? How about a foldout/pocketable 17" light/laser screen with zettabyte storage and lightspeed processor/ 4D Holographic animated graphics and works at peak performance anywhere anytime  geek.gif

True about the apps, but if you look into just how much the Android Market has grown since Android OS started becoming more popular (Nov 09) it's crazy how fast it's grown.(But are you honestly going to use 200,000apps? ;)) My Droid has never really lagged or gotten hung up. The lagging can be due to poorly written apps, or simply having a slew of things all open at once. But I have been able to run quite a few apps at the same time with zero hang-ups. I personally like how much customization is available with Android OS. To actually have backgrounds, widgets, and to chose the apps you want on your home screens. You can even change the color flash of the LED for different texts/notifications you get.

The major things that drive me further and further away from Apple, and it's products is the arrogance, and restriction of the company/products.

But at the end of the day.. yeah Apple's got some cool products.. however I won't be the one buying them.. But I'm not going to cry over anyone else buying them! B)

:cheers:

I'm not at all impressed with the iPad. Played around with one a few weeks ago, and the thing is just a huge iPod Touch/iPhone. You would think since this thing is bigger than the iPhone/iTouch, it could handle programs or videos requiring Adobe Flash Player <_<

The major things that drive me further and further away from Apple, and it's products is the arrogance, and restriction of the company/products. :

My thing is, the customization really isn't attractive for me. I want it to be set up in such a way that it makes sense and works well right out of the box. Thats why I like Apple, everything just works really well and you don't have the devote any time to getting things set up how you want them.

I got an iPad about a week after it was released and I love the thing! It just works, and works well. I use it to take notes in meetings and keep my task list in addition to just having it laying around when I want to show someone a YouTube video or a website, it's extremely versatile.

Well you don't HAVE to customize the Android platform either. It's just an available option to do so. The Droid comes ready to go out of the box just as much as the iPhone/iPod! ;)

Denslexus I agree with you, it IS just a huge iPod! there is nothing really NEW about it... the whole Apple vs Adobe battle is ridiculous. So limited without supporting flash.

Android 2.2 that is starting to roll out supports flash beautifully ;)

Yeah but out of the box the user interface is not as simple and elegant as the iPod's.

Whatever the iPad may be...its been an incredible hit so Apple must be doing something right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...