Would You Eat Fast Food In Your Lexus

Steve

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you eat take out fast food in your Lexus?

• Yes, I dont mind if mayo drops on my leather, I have fries down the side of my seats!
    • No, I will eat it on the sidewalk
    • Maybe if it was raining or a pack of wild dogs were sniffing round my rims. The odd occasion I would.

Imagine your outta town and you need to grab something quick. You can't sit down at the fast food joint so your left with you and your lex and a big kahuna burger dripping with mayo and fries!

Would you eat that mamma in your lovely Lexus or not?

Please Complete the poll above!

I keep 4 black towels in the car at all times. So, when I have to eat in the car, I lay the towel down on my lap and eat over that. Then wash the towel when I get home. I also use them for incidental rain intrusions when you open and close the door. There is somewhat of a design issue with the IS model regarding this. When it's raining out, when you open the door, your almost garanteed a nice long drip of water on your driver seat.

I don't eat in any of our vehicles and never have. I do carry an old Gatorade bottle filled with ice water in my truck when I go hiking, and it waits for me sitting on a towel on top of my console until I get back to the vehicle....

However, my wife eats lunch in her vehicles when she's out and about during the business day. Whenever I clean up her interiors, I always vacuum up at least a french fry or two. That's a big pet peeve of mine - I wish she'd quit eating in her vehicles. Of course, I also find money down under her seats during nearly every interior clean-up I do. And she knows it's finders keepers....

I hate to, but driving around during the business day sometimes I just don't have time to stop and eat. I'm careful about what I get, usually chicken tenders or something like that...no fries.

I always have several towels, Some microfiber and some cotton. I don't eat in the car as a rule, But there are times when I travel when I do eat. Never anything drippy or juicy though. And like Sw, Never fries or any greasy crap.

Sadly to say... i'm a pig in the car. :rolleyes:

A few days a week i find myself STARVED out of my mind before classes with only a half-hour to kill, so i go through the McDonalds drive thru and order myself 2 large fries and a bottled water- a much needed 1000 calories to keep my going. My favorite fast food snack!

I just love them, those HOT greasy fries and FREEZING water. It rejuvenates me. I just sit in the drivers seat with the bag on my lap... Whenever my fingers get too covered with salt i just rub them on a napkin next to my legs so the salt doesn't get on the leather :unsure:

All of which are bad for both ME and the car, but heck, you only live once B)

I love my car, but food will always win! food > car

There's even this restaurant in Arizona called the "Heart Attack Grille", they advertise all their food as either a "double bypass burger" or "flatliner fries" etc... They fry the french fries in LARD, pure LARD!

I have to visit one day... :blink:

I always eat in the car. I don't always have the time or desire to stop. Having said that, I also have the cleanest car of anyone I know because I clean up after I do eat in the car -- vacuum the fries, tons and tons of fresh air to get that fried smell out, and so on. I keep wet wipes in the car too, so I don't have to spread the grease all over the interior.

I buy things to use them and enjoy them, not to half enjoy them and sell them to let someone else enjoy it more than I did. Use it, but don't abuse it, and clean up afterwards, and everything will be just fine!

Never ate or allowed food in the 90 LS with cloth interior during the 13+ years I had it - not one single time. (Toby? I can tell your kids having been eating in "my" 90 LS!) The only food that has been eaten in my 00 LS since I bought it in 2003 were a few PB&J's when I was working for the Census last year -- wouldn't have done that if it had a cloth interior.

I don't eat fast food -- fried food makes me sick. Visualize Linda Blair in the Exorcist.

I've only eaten in my RX once when I was rushing somewhere. I used to eat all the time in my old Pontiac G6 but it had cloth seats and I really didn't care. I am a neat freak about my cars, I never have anything in there for more than a day except for my golf clubs during summer and I clean it almost once a week.

Well my X5 not too much. But the wifey's Lexus AKA...baby mobile. Yea...I bet I can find you fries, chicken nuggets, maybe a cheeseburger too! If you have kids you understand. I don't want to say that we don't drive my car with the kids...but we drive her car most of the time! :lol:

I eat in my car almost every day. I simply don't care enough about it to treat it as anything beyond just a basic car anymore. Heck I haven't even changed the oil since the day I bought it, over a year ago! Granted, I've only driven it about 5,000 miles since then though. In fact, it's going to the cheapest place I can find to change the oil, as I refuse to waste my time changing it myself anymore. I've decided that THIS lexus ain't gonna be passed on in better condition than when I found it. I abuse the hell out of it now. Slam on the gas, slam on the brakes, don't let it warm up properly, don't slow down for speedbumps/potholes, etc.. I spent last weekend doing the last thing I'm ever going to do it, I waxed it. After I was done, I had a beer and looked at it, and decided "this boring piece of metal isn't worth my time anymore". I have every intention of destroying this car as soon as possible, within limits of a drivethru car wash while on my way to a dealership for something else. Granted, it's much easier to this to a $10k car, than a $50k car. I figure I'll either lose $1,000 on trade, or $2,000+ on repairs. Having that said, when I'm done, I tend to use the plastic bag as a trash bag for anything I see laying around, within easy reach, and toss out the garbage in the trash can. One of the reasons I like the lexus sedan is because of that big armrest, aka, table top! Plus, I can listen to Rush Limbaugh in private without a bunch of Commies giving me dirty looks!!! Hahaha!! Yeah, I've got a happy meal or two stuck between my seats. The family hauler (4runner)? Oh dear lord, help us if I should ever have to stomp on the brakes. We'd probably look like a chef salad in there, with a few "cheesies & marshmellows" and one ticked off Elmo doll! That car is always a mess, but a lot of fun to be in!

i don't mind eating in my car myself cuz i'm careful but i won't let anyone else eat in it lol...

After I thought about it, yeah, I'm the same way. I don't eat it in it at all when other people are in the car cause they think it's ok then. So eveeryone knows no eating or drinking in the Lex. But when no one is around.......Hey, it's my car. I do what I want. LOL!

i don't mind eating in my car myself cuz i'm careful but i won't let anyone else eat in it lol...

After I thought about it, yeah, I'm the same way. I don't eat it in it at all when other people are in the car cause they think it's ok then. So eveeryone knows no eating or drinking in the Lex. But when no one is around.......Hey, it's my car. I do what I want. LOL!

Except the wifey ?

exactly!

Except the wifey ?

Even the wife......

Sure, at the end of the day it is just a car... Having said that, just don't eat like a slob, and I think you should be ok. Now handing your 3 year old kid an ice cream cone, on a hot summer day, while he sits in the back is not recommended. LOL

Sure, at the end of the day it is just a car... Having said that, just don't eat like a slob, and I think you should be ok. Now handing your 3 year old kid an ice cream cone, on a hot summer day, while he sits in the back is not recommended. LOL

• 1 month later...